Travel insurance for a long trip (1 Viewer)

cazd

Free Member
May 4, 2008
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New - since August 2008
We are soon to be departing on a 12 month trip (or thereabouts) around Europe. We will be obtaining EHIC (European Health Cards) but think that it's probably important to have travel insurance so that we're covered should something unforeseen happen.

I would be very pleased to be recommended a good reliable insurer that will cover us for 365 days. I was going to go with Insure and Go, but having done some research it seems that they don't have a great reputation. Any recommendations gratefully received :Smile:

Many thanks
Carol

OP
OP
cazd

cazd

Free Member
May 4, 2008
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New - since August 2008
Thank you for your suggestion, but I'm afraid we're under 50 :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2g2b2

Deleted User
hi

we are in the same situation, ferry booked for 12th (dont panic!!!) been searching for travel insurance to cover us for 12 month trip also, prob is when you do it online, found one with Atlas, great price but when i spoke to them they said we had to have a return ticket booked!!! tried to explain that as we were touring, i wouldnt know exactly when/where we were returning, they said they could not do it after that (lesson is, check small print before you buy online)

leaning towards American Express, Quoted £126 for 2 adults, 2 kids for 6 months but can extend policy upto 18 months (only once) by email. still searching, if i find any better i will pm you, please do the same if you find any good deals.

regards

2g

OP
OP
cazd

cazd

Free Member
May 4, 2008
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New - since August 2008
Oh wow, only 6 days til you're off - exciting! Where are you heading to? Who have you booked your ferry with? (That's the next thing for me to look into!) We don't have a date for the off yet, but it's likely to be the end of this month - when the house has sold...

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have a look into American Express now.

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Have you tried Comfort? They are usually very willing to cover with tailor made policies.

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cazd

cazd

Free Member
May 4, 2008
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New - since August 2008
Have you tried Comfort? They are usually very willing to cover with tailor made policies.

Phil

Unfortunately Comfort won't insure us for a long trip, but thanks for the suggestion :Smile:

johnny K

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Home in Reading
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FML
Exp
Many years
johnny K

Hi, please let me know what recommendations you get as I am also planning a trip.
Many thanks jonny K

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back