Jul 26, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic Campervan
Exp
Hi
We picked up on a new tip last week.
When returning to the driveaway awning, how to get perfectly lined up?
When its first pitched up and attached, place a line of string or spare guiderope on the ground and peg it against the tyres, centre to centre...
So when you return, just lean out of the drivers window and line up again, both distance and position.
Simples!
20140915_101733.jpg

OP
OP
aandj

aandj

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic Campervan
Exp
Don't forget next time, your door is on the other side ::bigsmile:

or is the string back to front?

Why? You cant see the line if its on the other side??
Havent managed to be able to reverse and look out of the left hand side door while reversing yet?
I knew this was going to hard work?
(n)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'm saving up hard to afford all the kit :(

I've enuff for the string now, so it's a start PLUS if I put the string down and drive off, people will think I'm posh and own one, but haven't put it up yet-winner :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
My dad always used to say "that and a bit", or depends on how long you want to keep it :)

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you lot are daft.... everyone knows string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings.
parallel parking with string theory will always be relative to something in a parallel universe

and the other thing is you could tie the string to your wing mirror, then you will be able to see it without leaning out the window, plus your door will always be lined up regardless of the awning position

as for how long is a piece of string? ask first if this string has existed before, and if it did, how long was it then. that way you can calculate the true meaning of string. string is goooooood, all hail the almighty string

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
you lot are daft.... everyone knows string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings.
parallel parking with string theory will always be relative to something in a parallel universe

and the other thing is you could tie the string to your wing mirror, then you will be able to see it without leaning out the window, plus your door will always be lined up regardless of the awning position

as for how long is a piece of string? ask first if this string has existed before, and if it did, how long was it then. that way you can calculate the true meaning of string. string is goooooood, all hail the almighty string
See you, you're mad pal, mad I say, maaaaaaad :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back