What Makes your life easier whilst M.H.'ing (1 Viewer)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Following on from your great, simple advice you have posted in relation to my many questions e.g. the washing powder/liquid for the cassette.

I thought it might be an idea if members have any more tips to share.
For example, what is the best way to clean the m.h. plastic windows ? :think:
Maybe one day I will be able to contribute too !!.

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Anyone got any tips for getting a fly out of the void in a window? Not sure how it got in there but it's a bit gross

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Anyone got any tips for getting a fly out of the void in a window? Not sure how it got in there but it's a bit gross
We had one in our window void late last year - couldn't get at it so had to try to ignore it. It's completely disintegrated now and as if by magic it's gone......... be patient.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A decent heater system that works well off grid
A GOOD mattress ( we use box spring ones from the local bed centre )
An easy to use water filling system ( for when you cannot pull up to a tap ).. I use a rolly polly and a whale pump which I plug in to a 12v socket I fitted in the external shower locker

Oh and....

A lady to come in and 'do' .. Saves SWMBO whinging on about the hoovering etc she has to do....
Not something I have managed to arrange as yet but.....

And GOD FORBID Woman ever reads this ! LOL !!!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Another vote for Happy Bowl(y) Strikeback alarm & Clutchclaw for peace of mind, Gaslow or Gasit refillable bottles for convenience & solar panel with Battery Master for freedom :) Fiamma Easy Dry Drying Rack for bike rack - crazy price but very handy item. Plus Maypole full cover & wheel covers to keep it clean between uses & stop UV degradation. Bobby Dazzler sprayed on (garden sprayer) after washing for shine & protection with no elbow grease! Just noticed that these are not really hints - more like a shopping list - think maybe we love accessories too much :whistle:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've only been doing this for 18 months or so but off the top of my head:
Some sort of mat by the door.
Change shoes as you enter and leave I have two pairs of Crocs, one old pair without any tread for indoors and a new pair for outside.
Collapsable buckets for waste and filling with fresh water for which I use a funnel with a bit of hose glued on the end. Saves moving the MH when staying in one place for a while.
Endless Breeze fan for hot weather. Our dog loves it so much we may have to buy a second for ourselves.
Rechargeable Dyson vacuum cleaner used every day where possible to keep on top of the sand and dog hairs.
Brush the dog every day. (see above)
Do the chores first thing in the morning before it gets too hot.
Little glass tumblers for wine.
Don't buy Spanish brandy, it causes headaches for some reason and the bottles are sub-sized I think as they don't last very long.
Sit and eat outside as much as possible, the interior is only for when it gets too cold.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
An easy to use water filling system ( for when you cannot pull up to a tap ).. I use a rolly polly and a whale pump which I plug in to a 12v socket

Another vote for this, wouldn't be without it. And if you get this set up you can have a quiet chuckle to yourself watching other people make about 10 trips with their little collapsible water carrier. :D

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Another vote for this, wouldn't be without it. And if you get this set up you can have a quiet chuckle to yourself watching other people make about 10 trips with their little collapsible water carrier. :D

Or watering can, why I often ask myself do people use a watering can? Do as John does and pump it in from a large container.

The best things I have fitted are my solar panels and Gaslow, had them now for 7 years and wouldn't be without them now.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Solar panel, and yes, watering can! Though my wife would argue the case for our Kamper Bucket.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Micro fibre towels. Quick drying and take up less room than normal towels.( using Mountainwharehouse ones at the moment, got them half price:))
WINE
Corelle Crockery , light, I breakable! And don't scratch like melamine ones

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I have an Aqua-roll, left over from caravanning days. What I don't have, sadly, is room to carry it. So it's a watering can for me too.

When I'm on my own & don't have to find room for the electric wheelchair, I would have room for the Aqua-roll. But I don't use so much water on my own & I've never stayed in one place long enough to need to fill up without moving the van. The tank holds 100ltrs, which isn't bad for a panel van.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We use the old system I used when selling Insurance in the past, We call it KISS, Which is KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID, Why complicate things. Pete (y)(y)(y)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
1 A sliding shelf in the garage to store various items like exterior blinds, mats and folding tables so I don't have to empty the garage everytime I want to get to the outside chairs, hose pipe, electric cables and bbq etc

2 A bike rack that winds down which makes loading the bikes easier

3 Two additional shelves in the kitchen

4 To help stop things falling out of the overhead cupboards, lots of Carte d'Or ice cream tubs. Why Carte d'Or? 'cause they're clear so you have an idea of what you've put in there and the lids are recessed so they stack neatly and more securely.

I'm sure other makes would work just as well but we prefer the flavour of the Carte d'Or ice cream

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We've only been doing this for 18 months or so but off the top of my head:
Some sort of mat by the door.
Change shoes as you enter and leave I have two pairs of Crocs, one old pair without any tread for indoors and a new pair for outside.
Collapsable buckets for waste and filling with fresh water for which I use a funnel with a bit of hose glued on the end. Saves moving the MH when staying in one place for a while.
Endless Breeze fan for hot weather. Our dog loves it so much we may have to buy a second for ourselves.
Rechargeable Dyson vacuum cleaner used every day where possible to keep on top of the sand and dog hairs.
Brush the dog every day. (see above)
Do the chores first thing in the morning before it gets too hot.
Little glass tumblers for wine.
Don't buy Spanish brandy, it causes headaches for some reason and the bottles are sub-sized I think as they don't last very long.
Sit and eat outside as much as possible, the interior is only for when it gets too cold.
That makes your life easy?-you could do less staying at home!
I have Gaslow and a solar panel which as previously reported makes it easier particularly when you read of the Calorlite recall.
I am considering buying an X hose or the copy the mega hose for water filling-any thoughts?

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
3 things we would not be without

Nespresso machine
Heated towel rail
Cadac grill

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ask Sandra (Army two wheels) about Happy Liners

If she can ever find em again
Yep, have lost 4 boxes of them.:doh: Deep in the depths of the storage unit I guess. Have resorted to the crossed loo paper method.

My must haves are also my Nespresso machine. My 1,000 watt inverter (when it gets fitted) my 2nd leisure battery (when it gets fitted) all so I can use my hair dryer. Colin would say it's the new sat tv box thingy!

Ralex

Free Member
Sep 23, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Serious answer would be the water filling system, jokey answer would be earplugs!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back