Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Lydney, Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 years
I have a chausson welcome 85 motorhome with Ducato base vehicle.
I am new to motorhoming having previously been a 'tugger'.
I wonder if there are any other Chausson owners to swap notes, experiences etc

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcome::welcome::welcome: to the FUN site. There are sure to be other owners on here, they are a very friendly lot so I'm sure someone will be along soon:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Raymondo, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have had a Welcome 85 since May '07.

Completed 8.5k trouble free miles. Absolutely no complaints about the van.

We like very much the fixed bed and fixed table. Also the swivel cab seats that enable us to use all the interior space.

The onboard shower is very good. The oven although a mini-size is adequate and OH can easily produce a good Sunday roast or pie and veg.

The huge fridge/freezer enables us to go up to three weeks between major shopping expiditions.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Raymondo,
welcome to the fun site, hope you enjoy your travels in your mh:thumb:
ruth

ccl

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Rheindahlen, Germany
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
< 1 year
Chausson Owner - Soon

We are picking up a Flash 03 from West Country Motorhomes in a couple of weeks and looking forward to it. This will be our first motorhome so cannot help with any tips yet. In fact do you have any comments about the Chausson experience so far?
We are exporting ours to where we live in Germany as with the exchange rate we got a better deal in the UK and we expect to bring it back to Uk in a year or so.
We spent about six months looking at loads of motorhomes before deciding on the Chausson as it seemed to represent the best mix of VFM and quality for a family with 3 young children.
We will post again with first impressions of the motorhome and the 'purchase experience' when we get it. ::bigsmile:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have a Flash 03 and am happy with it. It was the layout that suited my family.
I bought it used but very low mileage.

OP
OP
R

raymondo782

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Lydney, Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 years
Chausson 85

Thanks for the replies to my first post. I have had my Chausson 85 since July 08 and so far have been one one trip of two weeks to the South of France and several weekends in the UK. I have had the rainwater leaks into the engine compartment sorted. It's been trouble free so far and very comfortable. A couple of mods I have done is to make a circular plywood cover to fit over the sink to give more working space and I have fitted an external mains power socket to run the beer fridge or electric BB. The next mod I need to do is to convert the roof vent in the shower to electric fan operation. MY fuel consumption is averaging at 27.6mpg.
I shall be ordering an A frame in the near future to tow my wife's Citroen C1.
Happy motorhoming
Ray

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The next mod I need to do is to convert the roof vent in the shower to electric fan operation. MY fuel consumption is averaging at 27.6mpg.
Happy motorhoming
Ray

Hi Ray and welcome to FUN if you need any advice on a fan operated roof vent, give us a ring.

Regards

Peter

Wall-E

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
Funster No
Insurance problem ?.

Thanks for the replies to my first post. I have had my Chausson 85 since July 08 and so far have been one one trip of two weeks to the South of France and several weekends in the UK. I have had the rainwater leaks into the engine compartment sorted. It's been trouble free so far and very comfortable. A couple of mods I have done is to make a circular plywood cover to fit over the sink to give more working space and I have fitted an external mains power socket to run the beer fridge or electric BB. The next mod I need to do is to convert the roof vent in the shower to electric fan operation. MY fuel consumption is averaging at 27.6mpg.
Happy motorhoming
Ray

Hi Raymondo,
Going out on a bit of a limb here, but, If the motor home's insurance is in your name? and your Wife's Citroen C1 is insured in her name?. Will this cause a conflict with both vehicles insurance?, in the event of any accident. EG, your towing her vehicle on an A-Frame?. Just a thought!!, with a lot of assumptions.
Wall-E.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Raymondo, welcome to the fun site, and welcome to the world of campering. Enjoy the freedom of both

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raymondo782

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Lydney, Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 years
towing C1

Hi Wall-E
Thanks for your input you have a good point I will have to check with my insurance company, maybe I'll have to insure both vehicles in my name with same insurer
Regards
Ray

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
. A couple of mods I have done is to make a circular plywood cover to fit over the sink to give more working space .***** The next mod I need to do is to convert the roof vent in the shower to electric fan operation. MY fuel consumption is averaging at 27.6mpg.
Happy motorhoming
Ray

B&Q's sell a circular chopping board/sink cover in tough wood. Fits the standard Chausson sink perfectly! :winky:

I too have thought about upgrading the shower roof vent to the 'turbo' version. Maybe the 12volt supply can be taken from the over-mirror lights above the wash basin.

I have installed a Gaslow system using a 11k and 6k bottles with stainless hoses. The filling cap is installed inside the locker, making it transferable if I change the 'van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back