Parc-Verger... Gentle reminder... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As we mentioned a few weeks ago.... we are arriving at Parc Verger on the 22nd or 23rd Sept, and staying till the Sunday...28th...

Any in the area are cordually invited to a Cheese and Wine get together on the Sat eve.. 27th..

And no doubt a bar-b-q or two before hand.. and a few drinks... ;)

Be good to catch up with any that fancy it.. (y)

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
As we mentioned a few weeks ago.... we are arriving at Parc Verger on the 22nd or 23rd Sept, and staying till the Sunday...28th...

Any in the area are cordually invited to a Cheese and Wine get together on the Sat eve.. 27th..

And no doubt a bar-b-q or two before hand.. and a few drinks... ;)

Be good to catch up with any that fancy it.. (y)

.........and toast ??????

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Mo are you renting out the shed in the corner

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I'll be there no problem!

MO are you still on the white one? I'll take a few bottles with me... red of course (I love red !Sorry JJ ...Not talking about footy here!) may be a few bubbles and .... I'll try to find a few good white ones ....if you're a good boy that is:p

Can't wait to run away from work(y):cool:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I'll be there no problem!

MO are you still on the white one? I'll take a few bottles with me... red of course (I love red !Sorry JJ ...Not talking about footy here!) may be a few bubbles and .... I'll try to find a few good white ones ....if you're a good boy that is:p

Can't wait to run away from work(y):cool:

"Yes"... (y)

Looking forward to catching up with you Frankie... (y)

Being a single lady on the road.... you can let your hair down... No cleaning and running around for any one.. ;):cool:(y)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry we won't make it, but called on the way to the Auvergne, and were lucky enough to be invited for drinks to the shed in the corner... it is very nice. Don't mess it up Mo...

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi All,

We should be there as we only live about 10 miles, sorry 15 /16 km, away. Planning on going straight up to le Bourget afterwards to seem what we can't afford.

It will be nice to put some faces to the names seen on here.

John

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are looking to call in PV next month, so unless you have a serious session we will not meet up, again

till next time (still to be the first time)

have fun, keep up the travel updates please, really enjoying them (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
We have been down to PV and booked in for 27th and 28th, look forward to meeting up with you especially Frankie. See you next weekend.

WoooooHoooooooo! Yipeeeeeee!!!! That is just GREAT !!!!

I was already looking forward to meeting up with everybody but you being there will be the "cerise sur le gâteau" and will bring back many sweet memories! Pity Steph is now living in Paris as I am sure she would have been very happy to see you again and say thanks again for having been so friendly and helpful when she was in such a pain!!!

Affectueusement

Frankie(y)(y):):)

PS ..... I should have said .... SMASHING! LOL!

Last edited:
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Looking forward to it. Dont know about "cerise sur le gateau" but thanks for the compliment. You can give Steph "un grand bisou" from us when you next see her.

Affectueusement
Steve & Sue
:lips::h:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
And we'll be there too :) looking forward to meeting you all :))
Oh Wahoo ....This is another piece of good news!;)(y) It's going to be a very good week end away from home !
We might even have a warm and sunny time:cool::cool: ..... I wonder if the swimming pool is still available ...I'll take my swimsuit just in case!! Now I just cross my fingers that my back will behave .... In spite of tablets and physiotherapy 3 times a week, it has been a pain since I came back from Portugal....:(

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Looking forward to it. Dont know about "cerise sur le gateau" but thanks for the compliment. You can give Steph "un grand bisou" from us when you next see her.

Affectueusement
Steve & Sue
:lips::h:

"La cerise sur le gâteau" means : The cake would have looked and tasted good without any decoration on, but having it on, makes it even better.

Another example, parents speaking about the delivery of their baby : The baby arrived in one piece and in good health , but being a girl as we wished is just "la cerise sur le gateau":)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Thanks for that Frankie. I don't think your last French lesson subject would have cropped up in conversation with our French friends. Cossies? Why not?

I think we will have four Funsters from the Limousin now - Ellamessa, Spitfire, Volusia and us - or will there be more?

We are looking forward to meeting you all.

E & J

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Hope to be there tomorrow but just for a couple of days. So we won't catch the barbie etc. Hope to see you before though.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Looks like it could be a nice little "Mini Funster/RVOC Meet".... (y)

We have only got about 65 miles to run, so should be there about lunch time... :clap2::drink::france:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
We were hoping to be there but have been delayed due to hospital appointment.
So disappointed not being able to make it.:cry:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Get your self sorted, Lesley.... there will be other times, I`m sure.. hope all goes well.... (y)

Any more in the area,,,,, should be a good week...

And the sun is coming up... :party::cheers::france: Going to be a hot, hot week.. (y)

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Oui, unless my back seizes up before Friday (this is Chris!) we will be setting off on Friday morning. I have been in and out of the van all morning checking the supplies! Any special requests ?(other than cheese and wine of course(y))
It will be our first 'meet' as well so be gentle with us!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone:)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Arrived about midday.... Only Frank of RVOC here at the moment,,,, but Di is expecting a few during the week...

Place has changed a little since our last visit... few more hard standings... and of course "Munchie`s" palace up in the corner,,,,, which looks nice....

At the moment... ;):whistle:

We have been allocated the top part of the site...

Nice cool breeze,,, but about 28 deg in the sun... (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Oui, unless my back seizes up before Friday (this is Chris!) we will be setting off on Friday morning. I have been in and out of the van all morning checking the supplies! Any special requests ?(other than cheese and wine of course(y))

Nothing to worry Chris ! Parc Verger is a very nice place and we are all gentle (...err...most of the time!:D)
And unless forecast is completely wrong we should have the right weather to enjoy the whole week end AND the BBQ!

BTW Mo .... I don't have English sausages but would you like Merguez or anything else? Better say it now so I can order whatever is needed/ wanted to the butcher.... won't be able later in the week!

Frankie(y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Frankie,,,, if you could bring just a few sausages.... Paul has just about run out... :lips:

Judy said some of your Beef Bergonon (Wrong spelling) would go down well... :wink: :rofl:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
"La cerise sur le gâteau" means : The cake would have looked and tasted good without any decoration on, but having it on, makes it even better.

Another example, parents speaking about the delivery of their baby : The baby arrived in one piece and in good health , but being a girl as we wished is just "la cerise sur le gateau":)
Frankie in English we have more or less the same saying :) ' that is just the cherry on the cake ' or the icing on the cake ' meaning it made everything better than it was already . Mais c'est mieux en français :) x

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No

Just to let you know, if you don't already, PV is closed for lunch between 12ish and 2ish.
Although as it is less than an hour from here you should have no problem.
See you Saturday afternoon.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Nothing to worry Chris ! Parc Verger is a very nice place and we are all gentle (...err...most of the time!:D)
And unless forecast is completely wrong we should have the right weather to enjoy the whole week end AND the BBQ!

BTW Mo .... I don't have English sausages but would you like Merguez or anything else? Better say it now so I can order whatever is needed/ wanted to the butcher.... won't be able later in the week!

Frankie(y)
Frankie,
Thought you would have brought Toulouse sausages;);)
Is there anything specific BBQ wise you want us to bring, we shall be arriving just after lunch Saturday.
Steve & Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back