graham and sarah

Free Member
Sep 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
Greeting's from Sussex, having had enough of the rat race, we are about to buy a motor home. Have done camping even had a go with a home build camper but now we are going full time, looking for a motor home not too huge that we can live in, No way do we want to go as big as an RV, brother has one of those and as nice as it is, feel it does have its limitations if you want to travel. Looking for something like a Ducato 4-6 birth. We will be looking for a site close to Hastings as I will still be working in the town, will get a little run around to get about with. Any one know of some nice sites with facilities ? certainly want mains electric things like shower block and laundrette would be good too.
Next question, It seems that most site have an 11 month max limit on living on site, so if YOU live in your Motorhome full time, what do you do for that missing month? I know my brother goes south for the winter, but that's not an option for us.
All advice Much appreciated cheer for now, Graham and Sarah

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Graham & Sarah and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Can't help you with your queries but the experts will be along soon!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi folks and welcome.
Just a word of warning............

They are all quite mad on here, 'cept me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Graham and Sarah,

You'll find that German motorhomes are well suited to living in all year, mostly they are better adapted to operate in the cold. But given what you say I'd suggest you look at a caravan rather than a motorhome as this might be better for the use you have described and at a fraction of the cost. Food for thought... Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun (y)

OP
OP
G

graham and sarah

Free Member
Sep 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi Jim,
no we don't want a caravan ! We want a Motor home as we don't want to stay put, ideal thing would be on THE site during the week and off somewhere for the weekend. Thinking continental at the moment as we want something around 24 feet so we have a bit of space. Its going to have to be budget at the moment so looking around 20 years old and up to about £7000 then April time sell on a buy something up to £20,000

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Hi guys and welcome..

There are numerous sites scattered on the out-skirts of Hastings and East Sussex area.. Alot of the Touring sites will only book you on site as a monthly basis. You will pay per month and hopefully get a special rate for paying a month in advance??

Again allot of these touring sites are open all year round but you may find that during the new year and Christmas breaks they wont be manned (as a possibility.).

All you can do apart from the obvious and telephone, is to go round a few and see what they can offer.. Allot of the full time accommodated touring sites can be poorly maintained, but you will see exactly what i mean when you walk in the front door!!

Good luck with your search and enjoy your new lifestyle :)(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welc:Hello welcome to Fun, make sure the van you buy is fully winterised as in the winter you don't need pipes etc freezing up, a older Hymer should be good, but on the budget do check for damp. Check out Fun's sister site 365 which is for full timers and could give extra information.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome to Fun, not got anything in your price bracket but feel welcome to come and pay us a visit, on the A21

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back