LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Had a walk from the camp site into town... about half a mile... few shops & bars for daily needs..

Struck me how very clean and well kept this place is,,,, along with most towns & villages in France...

Judging by the very old numerous churches and the age of them... the town must be steeped in history... 5 churches within a few hundred yards of each other..
DSC00005 (600 x 450).jpg

Out of the site gate and a walk down a steep hill brings you on to a typical French green area with two huge lakes,,,, all set out with picnic tables and the like.. beautiful..

If it had been the UK the tables & Benches would have been broken or smashed up.. :(

Few photo`s of the numerous churches dotted around... not very interesting to some... but I do like oldery... :)

DSC00006 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC00008 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC00009 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC00010 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC00011 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC00012 (600 x 450).jpg

First photo of the Park,,, others the various churches and the last a beautiful kept war memorial.. (y)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
i hope your not gonna go all religous on us Mo(y)
brian & jo

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
:rofl:.. No mate...... just love old churches and buildings...

Never fails to amaze me how all them hundreds of years ago they managed to carve and construct things like that... :clap2:

Suppose some may think I`m a little queer... :wink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp

Never fails to amaze me how all them hundreds of years ago they managed to carve and construct things like that... :clap2:

Hello sailor.....:lips:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
every village almost without fail , church, monument, Boulanger, Marie and if you are lucky,bar,cafe,butcher,and pharmacy

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I was working on one just outside Bala in Wales this week, it's being turned into a youth meeting place to do with Duke of Edinburgh awards. Loads and loads going into disrepair now.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

Indeed VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan, the subject to fascinates me. The ceilings are my passion. Inside, some beautiful old church I can be found in the aisle, laying on my back, looking up with wonder at the ceiling construction. :) Very queer. :whistle:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We were in Chartres week fore last, love all the old churches and cathedrals. Went to have a look at St Peter's church, medieval and incredibly atmospheric and interesting. Heard a snippet of the following conversation, cue the american accent...... "well hey, this old place is horrible and decrepit", "I don't think it's decrepit, it's just they haven't bothered to fix it up any honey" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Eeek:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Plenty of collection boxes to get your fuel money from, Mo.......(y)(y)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
I was equally impressed on our latest visit, totally different attitude and culture, no litter, very few Mcdonalds, K F C, and Costas, still traditional bars and Café s and everything stops between 12 and 2pm. The youngsters are polite and everybody greets you 'Bon Jour or 'Bon Soir' as the case may be. . So refreshing from the retail experience in UK .
Rural property is very cheap compared with the UK and we constantly think of jumping ship!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back