scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
From Google.
"We want to let you know that in the coming months, we're upgrading the content you created in My Maps. All of the maps that you've created will automatically move to the new Broken Link Removed (previously called Google Maps Engine). Classic My Maps on maps.google.com will no longer be available. You don't have to take any action to ensure all your content will be upgraded."

I've tried using the New Google maps before and just can't get on with them.. I've looked at them again today but can only see the maps I created, but not the maps that I collaborate on .. specifically the Members Location Map .. I don't know if I can keep this up to date for new members.

The New maps are also really slow.. the page turns black when changing to satellite view.. maybe ok if you are on a super-fast broadband.. but not the 1 meg I have .. and where is the 'print' function gone..

I'm not lazy or afraid of new technologies but for me this is just a retrograde step .. I was quite happy using the Classic maps, I spend a lot of time learning how to use them ..

A Classic example of fixing something that wasn't broken..

I'm not alone..

New Google Maps Update SUCKS

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Agree with you Jim. New Google Maps is horrible. Far too slow and too many boxes popping up all over the place. At the moment it still lets you switch back to "Classic" for the basic map. I haven't created any maps so that bit doesn't affect me but some of the features I liked and used a lot in Classic Google Maps are not available in the new version. My favourite one that has gone is the ability to send a route directly to your car. If/when they stop giving the option to switch back to Classic I guess I will be looking for another map to use. It's a shame Apple maps is useless.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
They did the same with google Latitude in August last year, I've still not found a viable alternative.
Any suggestions...........

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
well following on from my coordinates thing, we have found that Julies phone with google maps will find both sets without doing anything to settings, depending how you put them in it finds them, I know this is not what you are talking about but just to let you know,but cant get Nokia to take both

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Dont have the link handy as were sat in the loire area but there is a lite mode which is a lot quicker.

Google help has info on it or just goigle google maps lite mode

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
They did the same with google Latitude in August last year, I've still not found a viable alternative.
Any suggestions...........
Yeah.. Shame about latitude. I quite like Google maps though and most of their updates tbh. Used to use it for nav if not using Co pilot...
Now I tend to use waze .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back