maxx (1 Viewer)

M

maxx

Deleted User
hi my name is maxx an i drive a 97 georgieboy cruisemaster i am new at this as only bought her 4 months ago an have a couple
of questions first off she is equiped with air brakes an suspension what i want to no is when parked up on level ground for several weeks should i
bleed the air out? second question she is built on a spartan chassis and am trying to locate a chassis owners manual i have tried georgie boy and
spartan in america and get no response any ideas thanks:thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

I believe I have the same RV .. Spartan Chassis , Cummins diesel pusher

Don't bleed the air out, however over a few weeks it will probably bleed away by itself..

I have the Spartan manual.. if there is anything you need to know you can ask here or email me..

Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

maxx

Deleted User
spartan owners manual

Thanks for advice re air as to owners manual i have no specific questions at mo but i would like to know how to service engine as to parts etc. We seem to have the same vehicle an paint job so your manual would be ideal. Dont suppose i could buy a copy?? That would really solve the problem as then i can read the whole thing. We are parked up at southsea for the foreseeable future.As have an oil seal on driveshaft that seems to have blown an need to fix before we go on any long trips so if you can help that would be great. Also thinking of buying porch like yours how long where s/s screws you used and what shape was ally strip. Thanks once again for your help. maxx:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

You need two manuals, one for the Cummins 5.9B series engine, the other for the Spartan chassis that covers suspension, brakes, axles etc etc

Cummins first.. go to is https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html here you can register your engine, find parts and service information.. you may be able to download a manual.. you can also order parts using the national phone number.

The Spartan manual is an A4 folder, however it's only an owners manual, only giving service schedules and advice.. would be more than happy to send you a copy.. but unfortunately don't have a scanner at present...
For help with sourcing a seal try Linda at Stateside Tuning - Home or
RV Spares, Accessories, Parts and Servicing - Star Spangled Spanner both very knowledgeable and helpful

Try Spartan .. Link Removed

For the awning, the ally is standard awning rail from any caravan dealer, the screws were s/s self tappers, No 6 x 3/4" . You don't need many, just to hold while the Sikaflex cures..

hope that's helpful , if I can get a copy of the Spartan manual I'll email it to you

Jim:Smile:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

maxx

Deleted User
spartan owners manual

thanks once again i shall follow up on these contacts and should be able to sort out my problems . maybe we will meet up one day. i will let you know how i get on:thumb:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
thanks once again i shall follow up on these contacts and should be able to sort out my problems . maybe we will meet up one day. i will let you know how i get on:thumb:

Look forward to meeting up .. maybe at one of the Fun meets .. :thumb:
will be at the Billing Aquadrome meet next weekend

Good luck.. :Smile:

Jim

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim and Maxx it says in the handbook for my 34' Monaco to dump the air Before levelling the coach!! There is a button on the dash to dump the air!

Regards Pat

Hi Pat

I have Granning Air Ride and there is definitely no dump valve, nor is there anything in the owners or Spartan manuals that refer to that procedure .. as I see it dumping the air will deflate the bags which I wouldn't have thought was particularly good for them, a bit like sitting on flat tyres .. but if you have jacks (which I don't ) perhaps yours is different ?

Jim

Upvote 0

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Pat

I have Granning Air Ride and there is definitely no dump valve, nor is there anything in the owners or Spartan manuals that refer to that procedure .. as I see it dumping the air will deflate the bags which I wouldn't have thought was particularly good for them, a bit like sitting on flat tyres .. but if you have jacks (which I don't ) perhaps yours is different ?

Jim

Yes Jim Monacos have that peculiar 3 point jacking system

Regards Pat

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread