LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Filled the water tank yesterday but the sensor couldn't make its mind up if it was 100% full or 0% today its 0% and the pump has cut out thinking there is no water any ideas

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
can you see into the tank anywhere to confirm how full it really is?

are you suggesting the tank is full, but because the sensor thinks it is empty it is inhibiting the pump?

that sounds very clever if it is

more likely your drain valve is open hopefully (y)

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks for the reply checked tank it's full it has a cut off sensor I think so the pump can't run dry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Thanks for the reply checked tank it's full it has a cut off sensor I think so the pump can't run dry
That's new, never seen a van with an automatic pump cut off before.
What make/model is it?
Does everything else (electrical)work OK?
Is there a seperate pump switch on the control panel?

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Its a Bailey 540 Compact everything else works it will even let me pump more water in

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Its a Bailey 540 Compact everything else works it will even let me pump more water in
Confused? I thought it was full? You "pump" water in? is it the same pump?

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I thought the sender was just for the gauge my pump will run regardless of whether there's water or not

If the gauge is showing zero and the pump isn't working I'd suspect a fuse or a faulty wire or something

Have you tried running a wire from a battery to the pump direct and see if it works?

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks tambo no I haven't rin a wire I have no wire and I would be crap at doing something like that

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
Have had the same problem with my Bailey. As you said it is the sensor inhibiting the pump from working. You can override the system by holding the pump button in on the panel when you want water. This is a two person operation but should get you out of trouble.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Bloody hell why are Bailey complicating things :) what's wrong with turning a tap on that the pump senses and turns on -no need what so ever for it to be linked to a sensor in the tank that every body knows goes tits up :doh::doh::doh::LOL:
terry

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Have had the same problem with my Bailey. As you said it is the sensor inhibiting the pump from working. You can override the system by holding the pump button in on the panel when you want water. This is a two person operation but should get you out of trouble.
Brilliant it works thanks

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
Bloody hell why are Bailey complicating things :) what's wrong with turning a tap on that the pump senses and turns on -no need what so ever for it to be linked to a sensor in the tank that every body knows goes tits up :doh::doh::doh::LOL:
terry
I agree. The sensor has a pipe hanging in the tank. As the tank fills the water goes up the pipe and a pressure sensor gives you a reading. Problem is, it seems as you drive with water in the tank the movement affects the pressure reading and my gauge always reads high. So you run out of water before the fail safe works. Brilliant. On site, if no tap nearby, to fill the tank you have external caravan style pump input. The pump cuts out when sensor reaches 100% ie when the tank is about 80% full. What's wrong with a filler neck and watering can? You know it's full when water comes out the overflow.
Apart from this and a couple of other niggles though, I am happy with the Bailey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back