Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
If you are thinking of buying one of those lillypad awnings may I say how pleased we are with the service we received from them, our motorhome is higher than the average and so we could not buy a drive away awning but as this is so easy to erect it hardly matters that you have to bungle it away for day excursions with the camper. Rick was very patient helping us get the right size so roll on next holidays.

Reactions: Jim
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We have a zip safari room which is great for extended stays but we have just bought the Lilypad wind blockers for short stays. They are light and quick and easy to use but I found that the spring loaded side arms tended to move so I now use the side arms from the safari room in conjunction with the wind blockers.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
our motorhome is higher than the average and so we could not buy a drive away awning

Sunblockers are good..but won't keep rain out

I had a drive away with my RV .. and fitted an awning rail to hold it ...

DSC_5920.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Yes. To qualify that, the mesh got very wet but the water ran down it, not through it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

from the supplier site

They do offer some protection against rain but in heavy rain and windy conditions you will experience some light spray.

the point I was making was that they are what they are, sun and wind blockers.. and as you have pointed out, keep rain off .. ideal for summer use.

Great if the awning is not for habitation or keeping stuff dry in all weathers, not a the same as a waterproof / weather proof awning..

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have the Lilypad windblockers that has with or without a lightweight inner roll up membrane to afford you more privacy and more protection from the weather but we have yet to use the blockers with or without the rain section

We also have a drive away awning that we used only a couple of times that we will be selling shortly believe it is a Traveller 3

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back