scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Hi all just come back from a wk in France and really missed being able to raise the map holder on dash.our last coachbuilt we were able to,but this boxer has passenger airbag so it is fixed down.Anyideas?scotty

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
I tried to lift itand could not,so looked in manual and it ses you cannot use because of passenger airbag??????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
I too have a Peaugeot boxer with passenger airbag and non functioning map holder. if anyone does know a way around this I would like to hear it.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
my other half also currently holds the map (or to be more precise - a list of towns and road numbers) unfortunately she also sees her role as an alternative speed limit indicator (thats worse than the "ding" I get from the sat-nav when I use it!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've driven quite a lot of Boxer/Ducato type vans between MHs and work vans and I've never yet been in one where the map holder lifts up.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I would hate to think someone near me was reading a map and driving at the same time, I have always wondered why the map holder was included in the first place. Of course, its a great item if used when stationary but I expect there will be some pillock who has one eye on the road and one on the map and perhaps at the same time as he has one hand on the wheel whilst the other is holding a phone to his ear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've driven quite a lot of Boxer/Ducato type vans between MHs and work vans and I've never yet been in one where the map holder lifts up.
Mine lifts up. It now lifts the opposite way & has a row of cig lighter & USB sockets in it along with charging leads. Seemed like a good way to use an otherwise useless device.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back