Rimor Katamarano 12p Plus (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
Had a look at one of these at Newark yesterday and don't know that much about them. Anyone got and thoughts, advice or comments please?

6 berth, Peugeot X62 engine, fixed double bed at rear and drop down double in the middle,3500kg overall weight.

OP
OP
Jackspeak
Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
Sorry try this link...Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Nice looking van

Can't believe where they get the prices for optional though

Oven £420
Microwave £195

They sure ain't shy that's for sure

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi, we used to have a Rimor Sailer 645TC, 2006 model, registered in 2007. The Katamarano is the budget range but that doesn't mean they are cheap and cheerful, they just tend to have different trim and equipment levels.

I also know Steve who owns MHLtd and he's a nice chap and knows his Rimors well but not many people sell them so you need to consider warranty/habitation servicing - ours had to have a 6 monthly damp check to keep the water tightness warranty valid, so check if this is still the case.

Most importantly CHECK THE REAL PAYLOAD! Our Rimor was poor in this regard and we were eventually faced with either not taking away what we wanted (not a massive amount), uprating it, or changing it - we reluctantly did the latter. Personally I'd insist on it being taken to a weighbridge and a certificate issued with the front and rear axle weights on it so you can check if there is sufficient capacity left for your needs. Also, I note that Steve was selling 2014 versions too (see below) so confirm which model year this is.

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nice looking van

Can't believe where they get the prices for optional though

Oven £420
Microwave £195

They sure ain't shy that's for sure
Yes, plus the cost of the base vehicle extras too like cab air con at £1200.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
There's someone else on here just bought one of these he has two posts up in the beginners section

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I have no connection with the seller but a do know they have others to sell AND if the OP want's to PM me Ill tell him where & at what cost

Sep 20, 2012
North London
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus T1 GT
Exp
Since 2010
Hi we have a"Vintage" 2008 Rimor Katamarano 12P- 4 berth (without the Descending double bed!!) which is 6.5m This length could be slightly better used if they had Cabin seats, but for the size we find it pretty good!!

Sixbows

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Overcab bed
Exp
Hi,
We have an xgo dynamic which is the same as the rimor. Ours is 4 years old, we bought it as an ex hire vehicle and got a good deal on it.
It is a budget van but for our first motorhome it was either this or a 10 year old van with higher mileage.
The finish is pretty basic but other things such as the carrier, loo, heating system are the same as a higher spec van. So far we have been happy with it and have found a local motorhome dealer that can order any parts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back