Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Well, we had a trip out today on a fact finding mission, ohh err

A bit of forward planning so to speak

It would appear we will be looking for a fixed bed and a full size cooker, the later isnt my department or concern i just do what im told :D

We have decided not to have a van conversion so its a choice between a coach built? or an A class. Now i think i would prefer an A class as i sort of like the look of Hymer,s so any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Look forward to all your comments (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My full sized cooker is 5'-4" - but don't tell her I said so.

I have a van conversion so can't help but if you want the views of others then stand by for incoming. Lots of people have the MH they want but they are all different! Big, tall, long, short and so on. The MHs that is, owner sizes vary although I guess if you take up more than the average space on the pavement you probably want more internal room in the MH. I can only suggest look round lots of different sorts of vehicle but beware of thinking the biggest is best - it may be for you but if it was the universal solution for everyone we would all have one - and we don't.:)

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
My full sized cooker is 5'-4" - but don't tell her I said so.

:LOL:

I know one MH doesnt fit all but as we plan to spend a fair bit of time in it elbow room is always nice.

I have been instructed a shower and toilet are a must :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
JJ

Trust me not all of Cheltenham is posh :D just expensive

I wasnt intending on selling a kidney to buy an MH either :LOL: well not yet any way

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
I was once advised against an A class type due to difficulties in getting replacement windscreens. Personally I don't like to be on view that much when on the move and I always think people look as though they're sitting halfway back when driving. Time was when A class were the only type to offer a drop-down bed up front - all different now. You see how individual these things can be.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Having had both i can say both have pros and cons ...you lose a lot of storage with an a class but often gain a more spacious lounge area

As for full size cooker again I have to say pros and cons .....The van I have now has a smev combination oven and grill in it ....have cooked a chicken from scratch in it and takes up half the space of the full standing ones ......can also store all pots and pans inside of it whilst on the move

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie