Well well (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I know the papers can talk crap but in the sun on page 17 have a look. Especially the ppl who doubted me on the illegal hiding under my van( HIDING UNDER MY VAN). So I'll put it streight to u not holding back....... WAKE UP SMELL THE COFFEE.......

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Don't read the Sun on principle. Do you want to paste some of the offending article?

After seeing all the immigrants in Calais, and their actions, I have no doubts that they would hide anywhere, on anything, to get into the UK.

Yes, some of these people are desperate, their countries at war etc... But not all. I personally know several people who have come to the UK ( 2 by meeting and marrying very quickly UK citizens , 2 by overstaying visas and disappearing) they all had, or get, perfectly ok jobs at home - one was a teacher.
In a The Gambia 11 years ago I had qualified teachers offering to work for me in my care home for £2 an hour if I would get them to Britain. When I pointed out that it would be illegal for me to pay them below minimum wage they weren't at all bothered.
As a paper exercise I worked out that 2 illegal people working for me, being given accommodation ( as sleeping night staff) all their meals and working 40 hours a week for £100 would save me over £26000 a year ------and that was in 2003.
Don't tell me others don't do just that.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
People have been smuggling into the UK hidden in vehicles for decades. This is nothing new. I would be very surprised if it hasn't happened to a MH before now. The owners probably wouldn't have noticed.

About 5 years ago I was involved in bringing a French 4 * 4 vehicle over to the UK for testing at Millbrook. When it got to the gates of the place and stopped the hatch on the back which held the spare wheel opened and two folk got out and ran off. How they fitted in there was testament to their desperation - they must have been curled on top of the tyre (it was a big one) nose to tail for the best part of about 12 hours or so. At least they didn't leave anything unpleasant behind - probably too famished and dehydrated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I actually caught two lying ON TOP of the engine in a coach! Just as well it was at the check-in as they would surely have broiled!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back