Cornwall France decisions decisions....... (1 Viewer)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Changed my mind 4 times today !!!! Our long-standing wait for Jumbo our van is finally over, we collect him on Friday :party3:. Shoulder still in sling, however, we are off !! Head says stay Cornwall in case any electrical/plumbing hiccups, heart and purse say bugger it and head of for France instead for the 2 weeks. Bit cold here and I can't get a jumper or raincoat on lol !! What clinched it today was the thought of a pasty in St Ives for lunch or plat du jour/pain, fromage, jambon with wine/beer in the warm over there. At the minute it's Brittany, tomorrow may be back to Helston et al :rolleyes:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
In cornwall at the moment and although having a good holiday do wish we had stuck with plan to go to France

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
France every time for us, but we do live near Dover so it's an easy hop for us :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:clap2:Hi Snowdrops, we were off to Cornwall next weekend for a month until I looked at forecast for September and then compared Provence weather! Now booked on P & O next Monday, Dover/Calais.
Cheers
Bernie

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
A night in the drive make sure it all works then off to France . Why stay in UK where you're not even welcome.

We're off to France next Wednesday. Was gonna be a week in UK now booked ferry one way only, buy return when we're ready.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Wild horses couldn't drag me to Corwall if France was the alternative. We've not been down that way since the 1999 eclipse, and the Sun had barely reappeared before we cleared off to France.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Glorious here today, wall to wall sunshine, about to stroll onto the terrace to have lunch - a fresh baguette with some cheeses and a glass or two.... well, have to get in practice before these lovely Funsters arrive in a couple of weeks!

We went to Cornwall in our rig, great place for a visit, but we live in France, an even better place to live!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi we are heading your way in October, going newhaven dieppe . Do you have any recommended aires about an 1hr out of dieppe , thought that would be far enough after the boat gets in about 3 pm. Cheers Colyn

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you want Cornwall-style coastline without crossing the Channel go to Pembrokeshire. No crowds either.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Do you have any recommended aires about an 1hr out of dieppe , thought that would be far enough after the boat gets in about 3 pm. Cheers Colyn

Honfleur - A29/E44 West towards Le Havre, over the Pont de Normandie then hang a right. Assuming you don't mind toll roads and you want to avoid Paris on the way down. Otherwise you'd probably be looking at somewhere south of Rouen.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi, we usually avoid tolls and jog along. So think rouen would be out of reach. Our trip is to take in the village where the Germans killed the residents , a visit to parc verger , then head south west. Honfleur looked large and noisy when we have seen pictures of it. Cheers Colyn

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi we are heading your way in October, going newhaven dieppe . Do you have any recommended aires about an 1hr out of dieppe , thought that would be far enough after the boat gets in about 3 pm. Cheers Colyn

Forges Les Eaux is about 33miles from Dieppe. Aires is about 5 mins walk from town centre opposite the municipal campsite.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi ivory55,
We usually use St nicholas de Bliquetuit aire about 42 miles, or we have been to Cleres aire about 27 miles

Aire: CLERES (5*)
ADDRESS: RUE EDMOND SPALIKOWSKI (D6)

TEL:02 35 33 23 31 FAX: 02 35 33 14 32

EMAIL: infos@ot-cleres.fr

TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL
FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/ BLACK DRAIN / ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES: Jetons from Tabac, Boulangeries or OT

PARKING: FREE SERVICES: 3€ Electric or Water

OPENING TIMES: EASTER - OCT

GPS COORDS: N49.60221 E01.11659

DIRECTIONS: Exit N27 onto D2/ D3 to CLERES -- road becomes COTE DU MONT-BLANC. In town turn left at T-Junction & then LEFT again (after 100m) down a track to AIRE on LEFT.

SITE DESCRIPTION: An excellent Aire situated on the eastern edge of town (about 300m from the centre) in a quiet location next to the Sports Hall & surrounded by farmland. Parking is in a gravel area with very large double spaces separated by high hedges giving a good degree of privacy, but not a lot of shade. Hook ups are available at the borne but long leads may be required, the Artisanal service point with platform drain being quite practical. Very nice town with a zoo & automobile museum.

REVIEW

1) Really good stopover but it's a pity that some motorhomes decide to take up all of a space that is big enough for 2 vehicles.

2) This is a really great Aire with a superb village only a short walk away -- good restaurants, zoological gardens & a leisure area. All services are free, large pitches, very well maintained & easy to find - Highly Recommended.

3) CAMPING CAR MAGAZINE REVIEWED & RECOMMENDED : "A pleasant aire, easy to find where tranquillity is guaranteed. Good services."

4) Quiet and well-kept. There are now new electricity bornes which take jetons available from local shops and tourist office -- 3 euros for 6 hours. One borne for electricity or water -- also 3 euros. There are about 20 spaces for motorhomes but only 10 electric sockets. (Terry)

5) "10 spaces separated by hedges with a service point & 2 bornes for electric, 1km from the town centre." RECOMMENDED CAMPING-CAR MAGAZINE

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Link Removed
Aire: SAINT NICOLAS DE BLIQUETUIT (4*)
ADDRESS: RTE DU BAC

TEL: 02 35 96 21 53 FAX:

EMAIL: mairiestnicolas@wanadoo.fr

TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL
FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN/ ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES: JETONS from MAIRIE or RESTAURANT

PARKING: FREE/ 48HRS SERVICES: 2€ WATER or ELECTRIC

OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR

GPS COORDS: N49.52083 E00.72778

DIRECTIONS: From YVETOT take D131 SOUTH across SEINE & turn RIGHT to ST NICOLAS. In village takeD40 NORTH to SEINE & AIRE (next to river).

SITE DESCRIPTION The aire is in a very pleasant position on the banks of the river Seine, about 2kms north of the village of St Nicolas de Bliquetoit, next to a boat jetty & overlooking the Seine & the town of Caudebec-en-Caux on the opposite bank. There are 12 marked parking spaces on tarmac next to the river & surrounded by open farmland, no shade but a very quiet location. Euro-Relais service point with drainage grid.

REVIEW:

1) Lovely spot with fine 180 degree views over the Seine & the Pont de Brotonne, absolutely tranquil but a bit remote with no facilities nearby. Picnic area here & cars appear to also use the spaces but it empties out in the evening. Clean borne in good working order. Ideal for a quiet night, footpaths along the river in either direction for a pleasant walk. St Nic is 5 mins drive away & has a small café/ restaurant that sells the jetons for the borne.

2) "An aire next to the Seine where 12 camping-cars can stay free on spaces separated by hedges." RECOMMENDED CAMPING-CAR MAGAZINE

Link RemovedLink Removed

ST NICOLAS DE BLIQUETUIT

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi fidget, st nicolas de bliquetuit looks just right thanks. It's our first time using aires and just want a quiet spot. We have got acssi books if we find we do not like using aires, we have only used sites before in France in the van and caravan before that. Cheers Colyn

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
France, sans doute!:winky:
The roads in France, even non toll roads, are fantastic (can't stand the drive to Cornwall) the aires amazing (don't even have em in Cornwall) and the weather is bound to be better (though no guarantee!!). Pasties? Make em yourself:roflmto:
Mike and Annie:coolest::happy:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
If you want Cornwall-style coastline without crossing the Channel go to Pembrokeshire. No crowds either.

Have to agree we were there recently and were amazed how beautiful it was and as you say no crowds much nicer than Cornwall.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi fidget, st nicolas de bliquetuit looks just right thanks. It's our first time using aires and just want a quiet spot. We have got acssi books if we find we do not like using aires, we have only used sites before in France in the van and caravan before that. Cheers Colyn

Hi Ivory55, If you choose St Nich it's an easy drive down the N27 then on to D929 to Yvetot then down the D131/D490 over the Pont de Brottone bridge then take the second on the right not the first. to the route de bac which is on the right ( I think it's the first on the right). If you look on Google earth 49.520991, 0.727384 then use the little yellow man to that spot you will see what the aire is like, or go to http://www.aire-service-camping-car-panoramique.fr/seine-maritime/76-saint-nicolas-de-bliquetuit.
as you look around you will see the view across the Seine to Caudebec en caux.
Terry FIDGET

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hmm? Let's think this one through......

Cornwall.......

Cold and wet? Maybe
Warm beer? Probably
Expensive to park up? Definatley

France......

Warm and sunny? Very likely
Good wine? Oh yes!
Free Aires? Everywhere

And of course all that fantastic bread and cheese.

And you need to think about it! C'mon ;):D

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

I've just made my decision on this, Cornwall TO France for a month, just booked, (via the Plymuff ferry). No contest!!!

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Now if you lived further north and you'd said Scotland or france I'd have said Scotland but Cornwall or france I'd go with france

Glad the vans sorted I think.you need this holiday :)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Now if you lived further north and you'd said Scotland or france I'd have said Scotland but Cornwall or france I'd go with france
:)

Wot? :eek: We live in Scotland......... But we're in France :)

We did spend 3 weeks in Northern Scotland in July.......that's what convinced us to come back to France on this trip :rolleyes:

:D

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Wot? :eek: We live in Scotland......... But we're in France :)

We did spend 3 weeks in Northern Scotland in July.......that's what convinced us to come back to France on this trip :rolleyes:

:D
Well as the say it's horses for courses :)

I can see the appeal of France when peeps are from way down south so it's closer .........and we enjoyed our recent trip there for a change , but it's nothing compared to what I have a few hours drive away

I found france very bland to be honest I can't see me rushing back but then I like wild open spaces and countryside mountains etc .... so it depends what peeps like

Think Norway , Switzerland and the himalayas are more my thing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back