Our (continuing) French trip through Eastern France (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I dunno if anyone's interested but since I have been 'bloggging' our current trip for the family it occurred to me that some of the piccies and information might interest some people here.....

http://wolfydoesfrance2014.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/it-had-to-be-done-e1.html

As with my Norway blog, this one was intended for friends and family so please take anything I say as light hearted and my own personal opinion.

:)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Another interesting write up :) thanks for posting.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Good read, thanks for sharing

Where do you stay, you don't seem to mention this (or have I not read properly)

David

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Will follow your blog with interest - heading that way ourselves very soon!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Good read, thanks for sharing

Where do you stay, you don't seem to mention this (or have I not read properly)

David

Crespin (aire moved to behind sports ground), Charleville Mezieres, Metz, Strasbourg, Obernai (not in Aires book), Chatenois, Ribeauville, Kaysersbourg, Dole (by marina opposite Cathedral not in Aires book), Beaune, Semur en Auxois, Cravant 1

Phew, I need a lie down after all that typing on my 7 inch tablet!

:D

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Crespin (aire moved to behind sports ground), Charleville Mezieres, Metz, Strasbourg, Obernai (not in Aires book), Chatenois, Ribeauville, Kaysersbourg, Dole (by marina opposite Cathedral not in Aires book), Beaune, Semur en Auxois, Cravant 1

Phew, I need a lie down after all that typing on my 7 inch tablet!

:D

thanks, not just nosy but we are coming back up that way in December (y)

gabby

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2007
Enjoyed reading your blog , ta very much for posting it. Alsace looks beautiful, Hubby got 10 days off in a couple of weeks maybe time to go back to France. It seems a long time since we were there in June for 3 weeks, was thinking about Norfolk but methinks its time to stock up on the wine .

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have just updated the blog with 'Auxerre'

Our trip around France is gradually turning into a 'Booze Cruise' LOL Today we popped into a local wine cave and ended up buying 8 bottles of Cremant and a bottle of Blackberry liquour to go with them (oh my God, I think I'm turning into a yuppie! haha). Seriously, we love the Cremant! and at less than £7 a bottle for high quality sparkling wine....what's not to like?

Now then, off to Chablis tomorrow (hic!)

:):D

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks. Enjoyed reading your blog. Been to a lot of those areas, love the Alsace, Burgundy etc. :)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hmm! Maybe going to Chablis via Irancy was a big mistake!

We thought we would visit a couple of wine caves......now we have an even heavier van and a lighter wallet :rolleyes:

It' been a lovely day and we are settled in a lovely aire in Chaource. Just working our way through a 2009 Petit Chablis. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the bread and cheese...... OMG! France is wonderful isn't it?:)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hmm! Maybe going to Chablis via Irancy was a big mistake!

We thought we would visit a couple of wine caves......now we have an even heavier van and a lighter wallet :rolleyes:

It' been a lovely day and we are settled in a lovely aire in Chaource. Just working our way through a 2009 Petit Chablis. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the bread and cheese...... OMG! France is wonderful isn't it?:)

Green with envy!:cry:(y)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Well, we're in Champagne....... It would be rude not to go back home without a few bottles..... :rolleyes:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great, Took me a few mins to notice the updates a few days ago. Never realised the days were listed on the right so enjoyed the extended reading when I found the rest.:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Great, Took me a few mins to notice the updates a few days ago. Never realised the days were listed on the left so enjoyed the extended reading when I found the rest.:)

Thank you :)

To be honest I think 'Blogger' is not the most intuitive piece of software but heyho its a start!

I have tried to put entries in date order and also on the right hand side menu they are listed and annotated in entry (E)

I started theses blogs for family and each time we go somewhere I say I won't bother with the blog........but some how its become a little addictive and I don't feel the day (or two) is complete without 'checking in!' :rolleyes:

I need to get out more :X3:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Really enjoyed reading your blog, great pics, informative and interesting.
Our travels in France would be boring in comparison, we just seem to eat!
Loved this..

Morning Prayer

‘Give me health for a long time,

Work, not too often,

Love, from time to time,

But Champagne all the time.'

Written by someone after my own heart.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.