Is this Voyager just too cheap? (1 Viewer)

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
the price of this ultra-low mileage 2008 Voyager 695EL is about 3k less than others on the web, so why? are there any discerning eyes out there who can spot anything? the habitation door doesn´t look quite right but maybe it´s different because the van has a disability badge. the seller is only available my mobile in the UK and we´re in Spain so before I contact him I just thought I would canvass opinion.

Broken Link Removed

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Yorkist, Why do I become suspicious when I read he is selling for a friend and the friend is only available on a mobile? That alone would put me off. There are plenty more fish in the sea.
Cheers
Bernie.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Doesn't look suspicious to me ....i suspect his friend isn't computer competent and probably hasn't an eBay account

And as it isn't his van your probably better speaking to the owner direct which is what he suggests as he knows nothing about it

Seems perfectly reasonable to me and perhaps he wants a quick sale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
But its a swift ....hence I wouldn't buy it but im prejudice towards European manufacturers than British

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Why not ring for a chat the only thing that seems strange to me is the p/x offer unless they are thinking of doing that to get most of the cash and take a cheap p/x rather than loose the sale.If it is someone packing in they might want to get rid. Must be getting past the busy season for selling now we bought our first motorhome in January at a good price!!

Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
My mate bought a motorhome off eBay , 7.500 told him to be carefull as it was a lot if motorhome for price , they used his mrs inheritance and sent payment via PayPal into a holding account as Motorhome was in Scotland the bloke insisted on driving it down , and holding acount was safer for the buyer if he didn't like it when arrived , he made his drive wider for when it arrived , the thing is the Motorhome existed , but the page had been copied and the Motorhome never arrived , eBay didn't want to know and same with PayPal as he sent money of his own accord , be carefull out their folks

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Crumbs, nunny... that's awful. Did he never get his money back in any way?
DOUBT IT SIMPLY BECAUSE EBAY AND pay Pal DO NOT DO HOLDING ACCOUNTS --he would have been sent a fake PP account page -once the money has been paid no way of tracking it and it will have gone
Back to the Van -ring the number because it's a classified add -you will be able to go see it then pay for it once you are ready to drive away in it ---ANY SUGGESTION OF HOLDING ACCOUNTS AND DELIVERY THEN RUN LIKE HELL :Dnever mind about walking :)
terry

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
My mate bought a motorhome off eBay , 7.500 told him to be carefull as it was a lot if motorhome for price , they used his mrs inheritance and sent payment via PayPal into a holding account as Motorhome was in Scotland the bloke insisted on driving it down , and holding acount was safer for the buyer if he didn't like it when arrived , he made his drive wider for when it arrived , the thing is the Motorhome existed , but the page had been copied and the Motorhome never arrived , eBay didn't want to know and same with PayPal as he sent money of his own accord , be carefull out their folks
As harsh as it sounds he was a bit silly for doing that .....never pay for anything you haven't seen or have a comeback on

If he had even payed by credit card he could have done a charge back

But I don't even pay a deposit on a vehicle till im there .....if they don't hold it for me then il buy another

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Looks Ok but for someone who professes no knowledge about motorhomes he has listed things even my lot would not know about! To copy it he would have to know where to find it!

Easy answer, NO PART WITH ANY MONEY until you have physically seen the van and the V5 document and all MOT's plus you have HPI'd the van

Don't be swayed by 'oh got someone very interested, buy before they do' etc

Peter

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Looks Ok but for someone who professes no knowledge about motorhomes he has listed things even my lot would not know about! To copy it he would have to know where to find it!

Easy answer, NO PART WITH ANY MONEY until you have physically seen the van and the V5 document and all MOT's plus you have HPI'd the van

Don't be swayed by 'oh got someone very interested, buy before they do' etc

Peter
Unless he took it from a similar model advertised or from a dealers Web page

3 grand isn't that much cheaper .....i bought my burstner for 5.5 k under what others were asking at the time right place right time

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
go and see it if you are saving that much money.you can not afford not to

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Contact the number given saying your brother/in laws/ cousin / whatever lives nearby and will drive over to check it over. If it's genuine the seller will agree. If they give any excuse, and especially if they go through the " pay into the Ebay holding fund/account" ---WALK AWAY.
I knew the one I was looking at last week was a scam and sites gelt enough when I said my brother, a chief inspector in the police, would drive over to see the van, they went very quiet.

It may well be genuine. Some people would rather sell at a slightly lower price than have a vehicle sit on the drive for months on end.

Do not pay a penny until you have seen the van and all it's paperwork.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Sounds dodgy to me
"Shower cubicle or NEW fully lined shower area"
Surely they should know which one they have?
The person listing the van clearly says on more than one occasion that he knows nothing about the van and that the information is copied .....not many stammers do that ....He also provides a number for the owner.
All the op has to do is phone and speak to the owner and if suitable go and view it

There's nothing from that listing says scam to me just someone who doesn't know what he is selling .........like 95% of motorhome salesmen :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
Terry yes that's what occurred . Fraud squad investigate but no chance of getting back money , it will be some one abroad who set up accounts in false names cos it's easier to do that abroad . Then stall and wait for payment to clear , the. Go empty account , fraud squad trace account but it's empty with. O leads

Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
As above view the van before letting go of money my mate never seen van . Buyer didn't want cash so that would set alarm bells ringing . Another scam is that the motorhomes abroad but can send tickets over for two people to fly out or can drive to eng , all the time delaying until payment clear

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
GO TO CUMBRIA HERE THE VAN IS FIRSTLY , BEFORE THAT GET THE VIN NUMBER AND REG FROM THE GUY HE SHOULD HAVE THE OWNERSHIP PAPAERS PAY" £20 GET A FUL HPI CHECK WITH LOG BOOK LOANS ETC HE MAY CLAIM THERES FINANCE STILL DUE ON IT AND WILL CLEAR WHEN PURCHACED BY YOU .. BEWARE THIS CAN BE DONE THE CORRECT WAY OR WORK OUT BAD,, ONLY HE YOU AND THE FINANCE COMPANY CAN DO THIS DONT DEAL OVER BTHE PHONE WITH THE FINANCE SPEAK TO THEM ON THERE LANDLINE FOR EXAMPLE IF ITS LOMBARD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT GOOGLE THERE NUMBER DEAL DIRECT,,,,, OTHER THAN THAT THERE IS NO HARM HAVING A LOOK, THERE ARE MANY MANY MOTORHOMES ON THE MARKET NOW FOR A GOOD PRICE ,, THIS SEEMS VERY GOOD FOR THE MILES ON THE CLOCK ,,
GOOD LUCK AND TAKE A FRIEND WHO KNOWS ABOUT CAMPERS,,

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Yorkist, I’m local to Carlisle and will check it out for you if you like. PM me and I’ll send you my number.
Graeme.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
now theres a good offer

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
This sort of thing is a major scam both on ebay and Auto Trader & many have been conned. Even the page they send for you to pay is cloned. Also, you may like to know that many of the bank accounts they use are a Barclays London Branch & yes, they have been informed, but don't appear to be doing anything after all its not them losing money its the ordinary consumers

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
The bank acounts are in England usually a London branch of Barclays its after going there the money disappears BUT it s traceable if the banks want too

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Having said all that it does look genuine & well worth the price to be sure just don't part with owt until you see it & the docs v5 etc: Also has you have the reg so you can do an HPI check now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back