Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yet another free loading tosser of a wild camper then.........:whistle2:

Mind you, he could end up sharing with someone he rather didn't.

Probably out in two weeks with an axle tag :wink:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
after buying from Brownhills I can see were he is coming from
Can well sympathise with him when you are talking that amount of money, as someone else is going through on here now, don't know what I'd do in similer circumstances, that's why I could never bring myself to spend that much money on a vehical

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
He was caught by a sales assistant in July. Black paint had stained his fingers and he had a can of spray paint in one hand and a knife in a bag.

Can hardly bluff your way out of that one then!!
Could have said his name was Oddsocks, out on a demo.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
He was caught by a sales assistant in July. Black paint had stained his fingers and he had a can of spray paint in one hand and a knife in a bag.

Can hardly bluff your way out of that one then!!

Oh I don't know. My car broke down, it needed a re spray and I had a loaf of bread that needed cutting, so I called into Brownhillls to see if I could use one of their vans cutting boards whilst I gave the van to them for a service and a re spray. Useless as they are, I even brought a can of spray in the colour I wanted.

A jury might fall for that one.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Oh I don't know. My car broke down, it needed a re spray and I had a loaf of bread that needed cutting, so I called into Brownhillls to see if I could use one of their vans cutting boards whilst I gave the van to them for a service and a re spray. Useless as they are, I even brought a can of spray in the colour I wanted.

A jury might fall for that one.
He should have come to you to represent him

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are making light of this but what a state he must have been in after doing no more than spend his fathers life savings on a mh that should have been perfect and all it's done is get him in jail

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
It doesn't reflect well on Brownhills. Not all publicity is good publicity.

Pd, five minutes on this site Link Removed persuades me that they've never had any good publicity. I couldn't possibly comment as I've never bought anything off them.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Pd, five minutes on this site Link Removed persuades me that they've never had any good publicity. I couldn't possibly comment as I've never bought anything off them.
Went to see a van they had for sale once. Their "immaculate" and "as new" didn't have the same definition as mine.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Went to see a van they had for sale once. Their "immaculate" and "as new" didn't have the same definition as mine.

Seconded. However, we have heard that recently there has been a major overhaul of systems and salespersons which may be good news. We regularly visit SMC which is not far away and always drop in at B just to be nosy and we noticed a change in atmosphere............a lot less pressure for instance.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
they used to be good when they were at the other end of Newark.but when they moved they got really nasty with me over something that I asked for that was out of guarantee by only one day.my wife had a basket of things.i made her put it down and we walked out.not quite as good as spray painting.but my better halve would not have let me do that.but I will not buy from them again.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
I have bought 3 motorhomes from Brownhills over the years 2 hymers and present Rapido never really had any trouble from them and the prices suited me well with good trade ins. I get it serviced every year stay on there overnight for free and get discount on things we need all in all not bad.

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Got quoted an outrageous price on a service once by them on one of their own supplied vans and never went back..........

Was in there this afternoon on the way back from oop norf.... Had a nose in their accessory shop to see the accessory I wanted was 20 quid cheaper on line (don't mind paying a premium for a shop experience, but not that much on something that was £70), used their facilities and was on my way. Shame - if it had been a bit cheaper then I would have purchased it.

Edit - they had a van there on the forecourt nicely spruced up and for sale but they hadn't bothered to take off the "Motorholme" motorhome hire stickers that were all over it. Some sucker will come along and buy it, but at least they aren't hiding it's history

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back