best time to buy a used motorhome (1 Viewer)

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
Hiya All, the wife and I are still looking for our first motorhome, in readiness for partial travelling starting next year, and I was thinking that as the new 2015 models become available from September 2014, used MH prices will factor in these releases i.e. reduce as we go into Winter. Also, with the Summer season over people planning to sell their MH will start doing so. So more stock should come onto the market. Is that rationale right or as usual have I over-thought it? In any event, if there is anyone out there with a Bessacarr E495, Apache 700, or Swift 644/696, or Elddis Autoquest 180, from 2008/9 onwards, and it´s in excellent condition at an excellent price (sorry but needs must) then PM me. I need to buy before Spring 2015.

OP
OP
yorkist

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
very helpful..............not.................good photos though, cheers,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yorkist ... I have a 2012 Apache 700. :) Latest Euro 5 engine..
Have plans to sell...
Currently on a break in Benidorm but I can contact you with info when I get back if you want....

OH !!! See your in Altea.. Up the road. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 19

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Having bought one in the last couple of years and after looking for a while, I did find that there is more choice just after the big shows as that’s where most new orders are taken and around January the dealers are keen to move the old ones on, sometimes you will have to wait until the new one has been delivered to the dealer before the one exchanged is available, if you’re after a new one then wait until the new range for the following year has been announced and then try for a cash deal if you can, if not go for as many extras as you think you will need.
Good luck with your search and remember there will be a number of people on here with the van you are looking at and will happily give you a view on them.

OP
OP
yorkist

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
Yorkist ... I have a 2012 Apache 700. :) Latest Euro 5 engine..
Have plans to sell...
Currently on a break in Benidorm but I can contact you with info when I get back if you want....

OH !!! See your in Altea.. Up the road. :)

TONKA - we´re only 30 mins from Benidorm, if you are willing and available my wife and I would love to come down to Beni and see your van. I´ll be honest, I doubt we can stretch to a 2012 model, so I don´t want to waste your time, but if you´re prepared to let us see your´s anyway it would be really helpful to us. Photos of various vans on the net never do justice. We´re off to a MH show in Barcelona in October, that will be our first. Can come Friday or Saturday if that suits, any to suit you. you can email on comeonyork@hotmail.com hopefully hear from you.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
TONKA - we´re only 30 mins from Benidorm, if you are willing and available my wife and I would love to come down to Beni and see your van. I´ll be honest, I doubt we can stretch to a 2012 model, so I don´t want to waste your time, but if you´re prepared to let us see your´s anyway it would be really helpful to us. Photos of various vans on the net never do justice. We´re off to a MH show in Barcelona in October, that will be our first. Can come Friday or Saturday if that suits, any to suit you. you can email on comeonyork@hotmail.com hopefully hear from you.

Tony. Sent you a Pm / conversation...

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Tony. Sent you a Pm / conversation...

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
That's where you are wrong, any post makes your original that much more visible.
For what it's worth, I thought your answer was extremely good Brian......(y)(y)

That will be a tenner,.....:)

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I was told to wait until the end of the holiday season. Everyone who got a MH at the start of the season and didn't love it ("Never AGAIN!!!" lol) will be selling up. And those who have just decided they can't manage motor homing any more and have just done there one last holiday will also be putting a van on the market.

I don't know if there is any truth i this. Also - I totally ignored this advice and purchased ours in April, 'cos that is when I wanted one! lol SOoooo I would say the best time to buy a motorhome is, well, when you want one! :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I was told to wait until the end of the holiday season. Everyone who got a MH at the start of the season and didn't love it ("Never AGAIN!!!" lol) will be selling up. And those who have just decided they can't manage motor homing any more and have just done there one last holiday will also be putting a van on the market.

I don't know if there is any truth i this. Also - I totally ignored this advice and purchased ours in April, 'cos that is when I wanted one! lol SOoooo I would say the best time to buy a motorhome is, well, when you want one! :)
Another tip.....Try and buy one without biting things on board......:)(y););)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
For what it's worth, I thought your answer was extremely good Brian......(y)(y)
That will be a tenner,.....:)

A TENNER ?

They say the last time you earned a tenner was by giving a blow job to the entire East German army and then they asked for a discount because troop mascot, the donkey Grimwald, was not satisfied.

50p is the going rate and you know it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

We did that as well - it was the right van at the right price

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I've always found November to be the best time for caravans and motorhomes ....I've had 19 caravans and on my 7 motorhome lol .....but depends if your buying new or second hand I guess

My main tip.....don't buy British :p

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A TENNER ?

They say the last time you earned a tenner was by giving a blow job to the entire East German army and then they asked for a discount because troop mascot, the donkey Grimwald, was not satisfied.

50p is the going rate and you know it.
OK, OK Hymie........Don't get annoyed, already!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back