Fiat Ducato/lunar roadstar h/brake (1 Viewer)

Rikita

Free Member
Jun 8, 2014
Ashford. Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started in 2013
Hiya, Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to reach the handbrake (or is it just me with short arms!!!) and how close it is to the door pocket. Battered knuckles every time I use it!!! Anyone have any thoughts or remedies???

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I did see somewhere that u can buy an extension for the handbrake leaver which makes it less of a stretch but then it catches u'r leg when getting in and out.

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
Hiya, Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to reach the handbrake (or is it just me with short arms!!!) and how close it is to the door pocket. Battered knuckles every time I use it!!! Anyone have any thoughts or remedies???
There is a company called outdoor bits they have hand brake extensions on their web site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I have one of these extenders and find it invaluable,I found it on another sites!! classifieds.
I do agree it's possible to catch it when getting out but after it knocking off once I now take extreme care,especially when parked on a slope :rolleyes:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have one of these

http://www.outdoorbits.com/kobran-motorhome-handbrake-extender-p-173.html

Thought they were expensive but well worth the money. They bring the handle release up by about 4 inches. Takes a bit of getting used to pressing the lever forward to release the handbrake button. Easy fitted but on the newer Ducato the original hand brake grip needs a bit of trimming.

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Does a handbrake extender prevent the seat being rotated if the handbrake is on? I too feel the need to be built like an orangutan when selecting first gear and letting the handbrake off. Hill starts are always fun...

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It is a bit of a challenge when rotating the drivers seat so that it doesn't foul the handbrake or the steering wheel. Just need to move forward rotate and then back again - or fold the seat right down as if lowering the drop down bed.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Does a handbrake extender prevent the seat being rotated if the handbrake is on? I too feel the need to be built like an orangutan when selecting first gear and letting the handbrake off. Hill starts are always fun...

Ours doesn't. It was something I was worried about before it was fitted but doesn't make any difference at all. Our van is a Fiat based Chausson Welcome WS.

Wilco

Free Member
Sep 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Caravannist upgrading?
Exp
Big fat zilch!
There is one on Evilbay to fit the later shape handle which folds down when parked. I drive a VW T5/ T6 and it's quite low down and an extension would be good. Search handbrake extension and it will pop up. I have no link to the seller.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back