LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Looking at recent posting times I seem to be the only one suffering this morning :X3:
No, I've been up all night.....
Not so, I am unhappy to say. Insomnia is a cruel mistress, isn't it.
Spending your nights try to sleep and your days trying to stay awake!
I have one of those systems whereby I can be so tired I am almost falling down but the moment I get horizontal and my head hits the pillow "BOOM", I am wide awake again.
I don't seem to be able to sleep for more than an hour before waking again, and once the eyes open it's back to the old routine of laying there until exhaustion overwhelms me and blessed oblivion returns for another short, sweet journey into never never land .
I have learned not to interact with the world when trying to nod off but eventually it's back to the Bluetooth headset and Radio 4 extra/ world service or another session of Old Harry's Game, pretty sure I could be a stand in for any part in the first seven series series now without a script. :yawn:.
Thank god for modern technology, at least I can lay there and read or listen to something without disturbing SWMBO too much, bless her, and I have some software that let's me rip rip the audio track from a film and listen to that, helps me drop off for a while sometimes. :Eeek:

Hymie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm just not feeling too good. I had plans to go and see Pat and Neil now Pat is out of hospital and they are still in Dalkeith but I will have to cancel as I don't want to give her anything if I am infectious.

:(

The place I do usually sleep deeply is the MH - even if it is parked on the drive! I would have gone out there tonight but it was stripped out after the last trip. I usually take out anything that might attract rodents "just in case" and that includes all the bedding.

I have managed to catch up with "Who Do You Think You Are?" though so not all is lost!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I usually take out anything that might attract rodents

Take out any old joke books you have, just in case you get the odd Mo sniffing around.......:)(y)

Reactions: SMB

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I am also suffering a little from insomnia, have so much going on. We have lived in the van for 2 months now. We have no other home. We are looking for one in Portugal, which is a brilliant adventure, but equally nerve racking.

I think it was Jung who said "What you resist persists" and this is very true.

So when I am struggling to fall asleep, I do this: lie in bed trying NOT to fall asleep. (Don't lie in bed with the intention of trying to stay awake. The intention is to try not to fall asleep. Subtle difference, but an important one)

You would be amazed how effective this little trick is! I promise you!

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I'm up at 3.30 weekday mornings but too busy to post as I am getting ready for work :(

I find it easy to get to sleep if I find something on the radio that I really want to hear - I'm normally asleep within minutes of it starting :sleep:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I find it very easy to get to sleep but invariably wake up around 3-4 am and once awake the mind starts working:Eeek:. I thought once I retired it would be an end to this kind of thing but just have other things I think about.
End up going downstairs and watching rubbish on TV or reading and sometimes can dose off on the sofa.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I don't have to much trouble sleeping, but to send me to sleep extra quick I have a jig saw on the go on the I a Pad, start it and try to keep going but my eyes don't stay open, if I wake up I carry on with the jig saw, soon asleep again.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I am also suffering a little from insomnia, have so much going on. We have lived in the van for 2 months now. We have no other home. We are looking for one in Portugal, which is a brilliant adventure, but equally nerve racking.

I think it was Jung who said "What you resist persists" and this is very true.

So when I am struggling to fall asleep, I do this: lie in bed trying NOT to fall asleep. (Don't lie in bed with the intention of trying to stay awake. The intention is to try not to fall asleep. Subtle difference, but an important one)

You would be amazed how effective this little trick is! I promise you!
Politics are keeping you awake. (y) Try counting anarchists being arrested in London, you will soon drop off......:)(y)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have an app on my phone which has whale sounds, white noise etc. If that doesn't work, Kindle for 30 minutes and repeat whale sounds. Haven't tried cracking a bottle of wine as a last resort...yet

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I have an app on my phone which has whale sounds, white noise etc. If that doesn't work, Kindle for 30 minutes and repeat whale sounds. Haven't tried cracking a bottle of wine as a last resort...yet :wine:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have an app on my phone which has whale sounds, white noise etc. If that doesn't work, Kindle for 30 minutes and repeat whale sounds. Haven't tried cracking a bottle of wine as a last resort...yet
I don't need the app.....Mrs Minke sleeps next to me........:cry::cry::cry:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Whoops, too much :wine: is making me repeat myself

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I bet she's not sitting next to you Tootles, and if she is I bet she cant see yr laptop screen :imoutahere:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I'm awake, made a cupa.
The house sale completes on Friday. After being messed about by the biggest house buying Pratt in the world.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I'm awake, made a cupa.
The house sale completes on Friday. After being messed about by the biggest house buying Pratt in the world.

Best of luck. Know how it feels, we had a similar throb*er on our last sale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back