leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
off to
Akebar Park
Wensleydale

For the bank holiday weekend next week....Anyone been there before? taking the toad to go around the villages etc .

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
wen I was in the army I went to lay burn camp grate ranges then we would go to town we used to rid the village bike wonder if she is still alive.:rofl:

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
yes been there a few times some years ago now. very nice site. used to have a little indoor pool but think thats closed now. fishing ponds and a driving range and horse riding at that time as well.
ta andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We are meeting up with family at Leyburn next week booked in at Kraken Farm site which has very good reviews and reasonably priced.

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
almost ready for Leyburn on thursday,,,,just got to hitch the toad up and fill the fridge with beer.....fingers crossed the weather will be ok and the BBQ will get fired up a few times.....

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I'm heading up north on Friday so my fingers are also crossed for good weather

I'm taking the scooter for its first jaunt on the van :)

It's loaded already and the fridge has the beer :)

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I'm heading up north on Friday so my fingers are also crossed for good weather

I'm taking the scooter for its first jaunt on the van :)

It's loaded already and the fridge has the beer :)
safe trip and have fun....(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We were home last weekend and will be next weekend but the weekend after are freeloading on a friend's drive (y) - up near Loch Ness.

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
We were home last weekend and will be next weekend but the weekend after are freeloading on a friend's drive (y) - up near Loch Ness.
we will be up that way from 4th sept for a month,,,,have they got a big drive.....:whistle:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
heading south on Friday to Cornwall (was supposed to France but work now got in the way) maybe pass some of you on the way

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
We've got the decorators in so I'm desperate to go anywhere. Leyburn is lovely. Maybe I'll go there too. Hey, lets all go to Leyburn this weekend :)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Been at Craken House site 3 days now and can recommend its a lovely site reasonably priced at £18 per night with emu and the owners are wonderful.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We love the Lower Wenslydale CC site and usually spend a few days there every year. There's a brilliant supermarket (Campbells) in Leyburn it's packed full of good wines, beers and Christmas food as it gets closer to November(y) It doesn't look much from the outside, but has a great wines/spirits section upstairs.
I wish we could get down to Leyburn this weekend, but it will be mobbed. There is another great little site (The Pheasant) nearby and it has the pub with a quiz night on Fridays (if busy enough).......but he has no hard standings.

I'm sure someone on here mentioned having a "mini meet"at the CC site at Lower Wensleydale sometime, but don't know what happened. I think it closes early November from memory.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We are meeting up with family at Leyburn next week booked in at Kraken Farm site which has very good reviews and reasonably priced.

That sounds good, we usually stay at the CC site at Lower Wensleydale, but the prices just keep going up.
We might give your suggestion a try on our way south......if we ever manage to get away :( There were a couple of CLs down the road from LW, but were full when we were there last year.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
off to
Akebar Park
Wensleydale

For the bank holiday weekend next week....Anyone been there before? taking the toad to go around the villages etc .

If you're in the area, Hawes is a nice little town and there's the brewery not far from Leyburn (Black Sheep) they do tours etc. There's the Wensleydale Brewery as well, link below and Bedale is worth a visit for food etc.

http://www.wensleydalebrewery.co.uk/

Apologies if your t- total:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back