Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Look at my last caravan which was never a problem at Caravan Club sites and then you have to pay for 2 pitches on some or not allow RV's at all:Doh::RollEyes:

Link Removed

Madness

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I got asked to pay for 2 pitches at 1 site last year. I asked them how many RVs i had and they said 1. I then said why do i need to pay for 2 pitches and the plantpot said it was because the van was so big.:Eeek:

We then got into a heated debate about pitch size and it ended up with me agreeing to pay for 2 if i couldnt make it fit on 1 pitch.:Angry:

I paid for 1 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just another little Hitler flexing his musles. Why are they so smallminded, bitter and petty?? I can see the attraction of wildcamping..........no Hitlers to deal with :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I got asked to pay for 2 pitches at 1 site last year. I asked them how many RVs i had and they said 1. I then said why do i need to pay for 2 pitches and the plantpot said it was because the van was so big.:Eeek:

We then got into a heated debate about pitch size and it ended up with me agreeing to pay for 2 if i couldnt make it fit on 1 pitch.:Angry:

I paid for 1 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just another little Hitler flexing his musles. Why are they so smallminded, bitter and petty?? I can see the attraction of wildcamping..........no Hitlers to deal with :thumb:

So.....If you DID get a 5th wheeler Dazzer (Nudge Nudge Mrs "D") ...would you then have to pay for 2?

Some sites we've been on get a bit stroppy when we park the car up as well....even though the last time it was under the awning.:ROFLMAO:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I arrived at Santa Monica Beach car park in a rented class c. The car park was built to take about 4000 cars. The parking fee was $5.00 per day.

We were there on an early September morning and the car park was empty.

The man in the pay booth said $10.00 please.

I pointed out that the sign said $5.00. He said arrrr but your going to take up two spaces.:Eeek:

I asked him whether he was expecting a rush on that day:whatthe:. He looked at me, I looked at him, he looked at the empty car park and charged me $5.00.:thumb:

There everywhere

Jim :Smile:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
So.....If you DID get a 5th wheeler Dazzer (Nudge Nudge Mrs "D") ...would you then have to pay for 2?

Some sites we've been on get a bit stroppy when we park the car up as well....even though the last time it was under the awning.:ROFLMAO:

In Wifees words.........."hell will freeze over before we get a 5th wheel" :Eeek:

More voltage on the cattle prod required......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I did mention that we could get a demountable for the back of the Lightning...........Im still nursing the bruises :Eeek::cry::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
In Wifees words.........."hell will freeze over before we get a 5th wheel" :Eeek:

Well if you believe the climate change doom-mongerers then that should mean you'll have one for next summer then :thumb::ROFLMAO:

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
:winky:Camping and Caravanning Club in our experience tend to be far more rv friendly and, being wrinklies and taking advantage of the discounts and camping miles, far cheaper. The Caravan Club have better quality facilities without a doubt, but you pay for them ie washing machines double the price, nightly fees on average a good fiver more (not a lot over a weekend I agree, but for a three week stay ouch), etc

We've been asked to pay double pitch fees for an rv (34') :ROFLMAO: We didn't. Makes us mad when the caravanners turn up, big dual axle wobble box, awning as big again with sticky out bits each side, windbreaks (counted 30 poles on one recently at Normans Bay) then the tow car parked outside of all that - dwarfed us!

I'm still compiling my little database of rv friendly sites that are affordable, peaceful and friendly.
Jan

fyggy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
In a brick built
Funster No
MH
Merc 316CDi
Exp

think it has :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cid_02b501c7e6cf978171504101a8c0sus.jpg

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Your wife hasn't been talking to mine by any chance has she?:winky:

Probably :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just cant see the problem with it but she really dug her heels in about it :cry:

Guess i could always suggest a nice tent instead :Eeek::Doh:

Chrisdy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2008
Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Probably :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just cant see the problem with it but she really dug her heels in about it :cry:
I think it must be a Mars & Venus thing. I used my wife's argument that a 5'er was too much trouble and too big, to get an RV instead, but I believe you've already been down that route.

It's no use, we'll never understand them (but it's fun trying sometimes...:RollEyes:)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Off topic (2nd pitch)

Hi

Never yet been asked to pay for 2nd pitch (even in Spain), My old Tugger outfit was bigger on the road than my R-V/Toad (well nearly!!). Good Album That (hell freezes over) I like the Eagles!! As for "Not understanding Women"???

Thought this might amuse:-

A man riding his Harley was riding along a California beach when
suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, 'Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.'

The biker pulled over and said, 'Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride
over anytime I want.'

The Lord said, 'Your request is materialistic, think of the enormous
challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little
more time and think of something that could possibly help mankind.'
The biker thought about it for a long time.

Finally, he said, 'Lord, I wish that I and all men could understand
women; I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, why she snaps and complains when I try to help, and how I can make a Woman truly happy.'

The Lord replied, 'You want two or four lanes on that bridge?'

Pete

L

Leonard

Deleted User
Just another little Hitler flexing his musles. Why are they so smallminded, bitter and petty?? I can see the attraction of wildcamping..........no Hitlers to deal with :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Oh ,we get the little Hitlers when wilding:cry:, namely the local snobs:Angry:,walking their dogs who think they own the land and are straight on the phone to their friends in local authority to move us on:shout::winky:

BTW These are the same SNOBS that are too posh to Poop scoop the mess their Lurchers and the like leave behind:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back