Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
Hi All,

We have had our Bailey Approach for a year now, we used to caravan, but much prefer the motorhome. we just retired end of March and have been burning the miles touring Scotland and Northumberland, but having the time now to stay longer in places we like. We mostly wild now, and are really enjoying it. Just got back from the Far North and Orkney, and planning the next trip. Will maybe make the continent for this winter. Our dear old cocker spaniel loves the van, despite being creaky and stone deaf.

Looks a great site, loads of info!
Cheers

OP
OP
Finvarra

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
Milo says 'woof' back. It's chucking it down here at the moment.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome from south west Scotland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welc:Hello welcome from North Wales, lovely and sunny here, we love Scotland and hope to get up there for September.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Welcome from Nth Lanarkshire. Theres a meet this weekend near Inverness if your interested. I think there is a few places left.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And welcome from the Borders. We will be in Bamburgh on Friday with a bit of luck, but just for the day.

:welc:

Last edited:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Hi, another from the South West (of the mainland aka Scotland). I've done the four corners - Mull of Galloway, Berwick, John o' Groats, Cape Wrath this year. Very helpful and some very experienced folk on this site as well as some sharp humour (y)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
And welcome from the Borders. We will be in Bamburgh on Friday with a bit of luck, but just for the day.

:welc:
We might be there Friday also depending on weather, going to visit relatives in Belford and give the dogs, 2 labs and a border a walk on Bamburgh beach.:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We intend to park Buffy in the car park opposite the castle - there are bus spaces so we will hope there is a space big enough for her. We'll have the cycles with us and may go for a ride along some of the cycle tracks. Look for two fat people on bikes - him in orange and me in pink!

We are supposed to be meeting family but it is all up in the air at the moment. We'll go early-ish to get our ride underway. I love the beach at Bamburgh.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We intend to park Buffy in the car park opposite the castle - there are bus spaces so we will hope there is a space big enough for her. We'll have the cycles with us and may go for a ride along some of the cycle tracks. Look for two fat people on bikes - him in orange and me in pink!

We are supposed to be meeting family but it is all up in the air at the moment. We'll go early-ish to get our ride underway. I love the beach at Bamburgh.

Let's hope it's a nice day, I'll make up my mind on Friday morning whether to go or not. we'll be driving our Honda crv not MH.:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
If there are MHs parked ours has MHF stickers and if you look at the number plate you'll see why she is Buffy.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Hi and welcome ,we are hoping to set off on our Scotland trip in the next couple of weeks, hope to meet some funsters on our travels.....(y)

OP
OP
Finvarra

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
Thanks for the welcome all, lots of members in Scotland I see. Aren't we fortunate in only being a short drive from wonderful countryside and great camping places. Can't make Inverness this time, only just got back from that direction! Possibly next trip could be Dumfries and Galloway, haven't been there for some years.

all those coming up fromr the south, watch out for the midges, they're very hungry this year!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Thanks for the welcome all, lots of members in Scotland I see. Aren't we fortunate in only being a short drive from wonderful countryside and great camping places. Can't make Inverness this time, only just got back from that direction! Possibly next trip could be Dumfries and Galloway, haven't been there for some years.

all those coming up fromr the south, watch out for the midges, they're very hungry this year!

When are you coming to D & G? We'll be here for a couple of weeks then heading down towards Hampshire, then over towards Devon(y) We're always on the lookout for Funster stickers:)

OP
OP
Finvarra

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
Hi MH. Virgins, probably won't be til SEpt/October time, maybe the. Wigtown book festival, but don't know yet our plans are fluid.

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi and welcome from Aberdeenshire. We too have a Bailey, just returned from 7 weeks wandering in Germany in it. I haven't posted much on here but have found it a great source of knowledge. Hope to get to some meets next year.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi MH. Virgins, probably won't be til SEpt/October time, maybe the. Wigtown book festival, but don't know yet our plans are fluid.

If we're back we'll let you know, you'll be passing along the A75 and very close to us. You would be welcome to drop in for a coffee on you're way over to Wigtown(y)

Margaret & Bill

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Just been to d and g and had a great time can recommend newton farm cl on fleet bay, 8.00 night anddirect access to beach.

Hi, that's just 5 mins along the road from us, but we heard it had closed at the end of July. Drummuckloch Farm CL is just behind us, but Newton Farm has a better location with access directly to the beach.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back