LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
:mad:Went away this wk/end after being there for a day went to make a cuppa gas turned off strange I thought it's was almost full bottle.went to gas locker and could here gas escaping open up turned bottle off,when I checked it gas is comming out of the back of reg,the reg has failed needs new one.lucky we did go up with a bang has this happened to any one else
Vans only two yrs old done 3000 miles surely such a vital product should last longer

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Replaced mine two weeks ago with a gaslow. Trauma failed van only two years old. Appears to be a common problem when you search through various forums.

Trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Can you get a secumotion Gaslow regulator?

My Truma regulator is 7 years old and I would like a spare, but need a secumotion one. I never turn my gas off except on the tunnel.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok, see if you can make head or tail of this...

The other option is to change the rubber to steal hoses and keep the secumotion, however, this never worked for me neither. In my opinion the secumotion isn't fit for purpose and I'm happy to run my van with the Clesse Regulator as opposed to the truma/gok variety.

Truma Drivesafe / Secumotion?
A variant on a number of European vehicles is the Truma Secumotion / Drivesafe system used to enable the use of gas appliances on the move. An example Secumotion hose / ends illustrated right, screw-on is the new standard but the UK metal end is usually a screw-in bullnose propane fitting of course. The general appearance of these hoses is always similar. To maintain the integrity of the in-motion system you need to either use an adapter for POL hoses or to purchase Truma's own Secumotion high pressure hoses in refillables fit. Type G8 suits the Gaslow refillables, part numbers 50410-06 for 0.45m or 50420-06 for 0.75m version. New: We can now supply these special hoses with our kits/systems. From a warranty perspective on new vehicles it might be best to use their Duo-comfort change-over too otherwise the Gaslow auto head is fine. You can now continue to use your existing UK-POL bullnose Secumotion hose/s via our adapter M09-1310 found in the refillables section towards the bottom of the page. You need one adapter for each Refillable that you need to adapt to take a POL hose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We had a problem with ours last year and bought one off the internet.
Unfortunately the one I bought had an 8mm connection and our van has a 10mm connection.
I ended up having to buy the up rated bit of kit at an highly inflated price to solve my problem
If our unused 8mm regulator would help you out I'm sure we could come to a sensible arrangement on price

OP
OP
Jamwitt

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
(y)Hi thanks scattycat I see your in France need to get it sorted soon as of wk end so don't think I get it in time sounds like a common problem just thinking of changing to a different make,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back