Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi All

for a while now I have been members of both fun and facts, but have decided to stick with fun, if thats OK, I have been leaning this way for a while as i have become more and more disalusioned with facts,
to clicky, don't like being force to pay for membership, don't like going on rallies where grown men set about each other over nothing 2 moderators at that, but the final straw was having realised that even as an ex-member you can only reply to 5 posts before being blocked,
Having just read a thread about refilling ordinary calor bottles I consider myself to have some valuble safety info for all to consider when considering these devices, I'll start a new thread on the subject on fun be interested to know what your thoughts are.

Graham

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have only ever been on fun because we have never needed to go elsewhere.

Members are very helpful, have been to one meet where we were welcomed with open arms and there was no clickyness or anything.

Love this site so just stay here and have funnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Well I don't think my ten quid will head that way again, I do look at it every now and again but never seen much to be a part of for a while.Fair play Jim good site great people, works for me. ::bigsmile: And this site lives up to it's name FUN. Thats what it is all about and knowing that like minded folk will always be there to help out without a " well I am better than you / done it longer than you " approach that is sometimes seen on other forums.

Just my thoughts , but this site gets a visit before my emails. The other one ........... no as an after thought sometimes.

Well done Jim and team and other members of fun for making this fantastic.

Lampie

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
This site is so easy to see read and navigate (not to mention FUN... and at times, funny:winky:), I do visit facts but a page full of header does nothing to inspire... that said, there are some interesting topics that don't always appear on here...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
rallies where grown men set about each other over nothing 2 moderators at that,

shhhhhhhh they wanted that kept hush hush.:Blush:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

shhhhhhhh they wanted that kept hush hush.:Blush:

I hope they were PC, uttered no personal remarks and remained on topic throughout the whole of the incident :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I hope they were PC, uttered no personal remarks and remained on topic throughout the whole of the incident :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now Now Jim..........theres no need to snipe :Blush:

After all I enjoy watching a bit of "Sport" as much as the next man.....dont suppose anyone has the video of it do they :Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I miss al the good bits.

I am a great coat holder:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Suddenly becomes worth the tenner:boxing::whistle:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I miss al the good bits.

I am a great coat holder:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Suddenly becomes worth the tenner:boxing::whistle:

If anyone has the video, might be worth sending it to "Youve Been Framed" :Eeek: you get £ 250 if its shown!!! :thumb:

Could go under the heading of "Motorhome Fumps" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003

I have been wondering as to whether I should renew my subscription :RollEyes:
this has made my mind up. :Doh:

I have saved £10 thanks to MHF moderators :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A video, does one exist? can you imagine the commentary?

Ladeeees & Geeeentlemeeeeen and fight fans around the world, welcome to a field in the Midlands. This is a handbag-weight bout of 12 rounds. In the red corner this evening, wearing socks and sandals........ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
A video, does one exist? can you imagine the commentary?

Ladeeees & Geeeentlemeeeeen and fight fans around the world, welcome to a field in the Midlands. This is a handbag-weight bout of 12 rounds. In the red corner this evening, wearing socks and sandals........ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Love it!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Think I'll be saving a tenner this year, too many smarta**** who delight in belittling others on there for my liking. This is much more fun. :thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Pickrd up their flyer at Shepton Mallet show it said free membership- on another leaflet it was £12 to join!:Angry: Glad to say we didn't join so I guess you know where we are staying:roflmto::roflmto:
Best wishes Dave &Jen:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Pickrd up their flyer at Shepton Mallet show it said free membership- on another leaflet it was £12 to join!:Angry: Glad to say we didn't join so I guess you know where we are staying:roflmto::roflmto:
Best wishes Dave &Jen:thumb:

Its not confusing, its free for a whole year once you have paid a tenner:ROFLMAO:

That said, I was a member for a couple of years and thought the £10 was extremely good value. However as the motorhomefun resource has grown the value of facts diminishes (for me at least) A year ago I would often sneak over there to find the odd answer :Blush:but these days there is no need, we have so many knowledgeable funsters here and our archive grows every day.
I have many friends who are long term members of facts and probably always will be, but even they admit, its just much more fun here. ::bigsmile: Long live both forums. :thumb:

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Sorry to be a party pooper I can understand that you would like a laugh at their expence, but its no laughing matter, the innocent party was a man in his 60's who was recovering from a serious illness who did not deserve to be treated this way, equally i'm sure the aggressor is also embarrased by his moment of madness, in the same way as some of your comments are misplaced, albeit you don't have all the facts. lets face it people are people and we can all have a regreatable moment (I'm having one now) but we can't tar everyone with the same brush
maybe I should have thought before posting but thats me a chairs a chair.
On some of the other points consider this 2900 members @ £10 each = £29'000 put it upto £12 and thats £34'800 thats a lot more than most earn and not hard work.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sorry about the light heartedness but 2 moderators having a public bust up is hilarious in my mind especially when it facts who don't often laugh much online.

Sad its at the expense of an elderly sick moderator:Blush:

They take my tenner so I'll have a little giggle all the same:winky:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
As I write 380 online on FUN 350 on Facts

:Smile:
Keith

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Does anyone who talked Nuke (Facts) into charging a subscription.................I think you may be surprised :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:
I think the cause of the "fight" at the facts rally was the dreaded "BOOZE" shame a grown man cant hold his :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
sersol, can you re write your first sentence as it not clear, and yes booze was part of the problem but it went much deeper than that

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Sorry to be a party pooper I can understand that you would like a laugh at their expence, but its no laughing matter, the innocent party was a man in his 60's who was recovering from a serious illness who did not deserve to be treated this way,

I'm sorry the Mod concerned is elderly / sick, but I must say, I am glad there is some kind of natural justice out there - the Mod concerned was very out-of-order and quite obnoxious on more than a few occasions both to me and to others now on this forum exclusively only a year or two ago. What goes around comes around........:Eeek:

I have no desire to visit there any more - the supercillious, smug attitude and pervasive paranoia from the site owner was very off putting. A video on YouTube of said incident between the Mods would be great!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Sorry but being nosey and having been away for a couple of weeks could someone please pm me with what has happened when and where?

Regards Pat

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi All

Having just read a thread about refilling ordinary calor bottles I consider myself to have some valuble safety info for all to consider when considering these devices, I'll start a new thread on the subject on fun be interested to know what your thoughts are.

Graham
Hi Graham,I use one of the filling devises without problems,so would be interested in what you have to say? or if you have already posted (been away a few days) point me to a link?
terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back