Fleetwood Pulse; Euro size Rv with slide (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We called in on Travelworld on Saturday as they had a big promotion on all weekend, and free sandwich's.:Smile:

We looked at loads of mega RV's but the new Fleetwood Pulse a 25ft M/H with a full slide powered by a 3litre Merc diesel impressed me the most.
Wow what an impressive bit of kit a proper Euro size motorhome but with a decent slide decent engine yet small enough to drive around like a car and no problem getting on any campsite or pitch.

I still can't believe you can't buy a European van with a slide it makes so much difference to the accomodation.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I drove 1 in the USA last year. They are really nice but very expensive :Angry:

I found them a bit too European and the Yanks do seem to be going down the route of building to a weight instead of finding a chassis to carry the weight :Doh:

You are right about the slide out though. I cant believe Euro manufacturers havnt caught onto it yet, it once again comes down to the building to a weight mindset. If your base vehicle is within 70kgs of its max weight with your standard product adding another 200ish kgs isnt going to do you any favours :Eeek:

I did see a really small C class built on a small Ford F350 chassis by Four Winds called the Four Winds Majestic 23P they seem to be few and far between but ive found a piece on You Tube about them.:winky:

YouTube - Cruise America 23P Four Winds Motorhome

They are for sale used, at really good prices but they do seem a bit basic with no slides, However at only 23-24 feet long and low profile (compared to a standard C class) they might be ideal as they do have all the "kit" you expect from and RV and they are fitted as standard with Honda generator:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I guess it had to happen sooner or later :Eeek:

As usual us Brits are 25 years behind the USA, have a half hearted attempt at it and charge an absurd amount of money...who in their right minds is going to buy that??:Eeek:

Give me a tried and tested 10 year old A class RV anytime!! And with the money I save i could buy a new house :Eeek: :thumb: :ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Was parked up on the weekend near to an A Class Frankia which had a small slide out. Unfortunately no pictures.:Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think I have seen one Brian, but I imagine its on a regular Fiat chassis and bet the payload is miniscule

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Another thing I noticed at Travelworld was that all the new C & B class Rv's are being offered with diesel engines now.

After my recent trip around Europe and Morocco I'm even more convinced diesel is still better than petrol.

Really keen on the new B class type's at 28 to 30 ft long and a tad under 8ft wide they look a good bet for touring.

Concorde
Augusta
Four Winds
All do a diesel version now.

Anyone know much about Concorde build quality as Jan really liked them.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
The pulse does look quite nice- very much like my Mirage 6000 -which comes with on board genny, dual A/C solar panel, full cooker, very similar layout and ok we don't have a slide but it is an A class, and it's powered by a Mercedes diesel. We had considered buying another RV but decided that the Mirage was the next best thing for British roads and campsites etc.
Dave:thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Just sold my 30 ft 3 slide Concord :cry::cry: (petrol engine)

We loved it and had no problems at all in the 18 months we had it for. Build quality was generally good, storage was superb and suprisingly big for a "small" RV:Eeek:

The 3 slides had it more than big enough for 5 :Eeek: to sit in comfort and it towed our 2 ton Jeep for 2000 miles round France without breaking into a sweat :thumb:

The only gripe we had was the lack of kitchen worktop space :Angry: which is a little bigger on the 2 slide model i believe.

Would i have another Concord.....yes at the drop of a hat I think it is the best sized RV for UK roads and was a dream to drive :thumb::thumb:

Really miss it but it had to go due to lack of use:cry:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks dazzer.

Think I might arrange a test drive in a diesel.

Been reading the reviews on the Concorde in the states and it gets very very good feedback.

We're back in USA early November might have a look for a deal, trouble is the exchange rate is rubbish now. Does'nt make the deals quite as interesting as little or no dealer back up once you've exported from the states I presume.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I managed to wrangle a 30 day warranty on mine once it landed in the UK.

Not much use granted but at least it would have sorted any niggles., not that we had any :thumb:

We had a C Class Four Winds prior to the Concord on the same Ford chassis/engine but the Concord was a much nicer thing to drive as it was nearly 10" narrower and it made a hell of a difference.

We really liked the small touches and simplicity. Also the shower was great and really powerful :thumb: and i could stand up in it at 6`1" tall with no problems.

The underseat storage was huge and had room for 10 towels, 3 quilts, 6 pillows and sheets with room to spare:thumb:

We found it really usable even with the slides in, there was only 1 drawer that couldnt be opened until the kithcen slide was extended 6".

Are you planning on buying new?? If so they are nearly giving them away in the States. If you are looking for the Rolls Royce of the B+ class have a look here

Coachhouse Home

Not cheap but very well made and kitted out. They are made in Florida as well which helps cut transport costs!!:thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
We called in on Travelworld on Saturday as they had a big promotion on all weekend, and free sandwich's.:Smile:

We looked at loads of mega RV's but the new Fleetwood Pulse a 25ft M/H with a full slide powered by a 3litre Merc diesel impressed me the most.
Wow what an impressive bit of kit a proper Euro size motorhome but with a decent slide decent engine yet small enough to drive around like a car and no problem getting on any campsite or pitch.

I still can't believe you can't buy a European van with a slide it makes so much difference to the accomodation.

But did you buy it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruth:winky:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Nah only moochin you know what I'm like Ruth, only went for the free grub & drink.

Jan reckons I'm like a Itinerant's Jack Russell "always on the scrounge" :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back