Five star campsites near Nice (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Has anyone heard of any near to Nice? We stayed in one at Port Grimaud last year and my wife loved the personal showers and loo.
And I know it's not to everyone's taste.(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you find out let me know , planning on going down to south of France on 5sep aires and French passion on the way down then up to yet planning on staying at the old customs park on the Italy border in menton, for a day or two but then thinking of finding a decent campsite for 4or five days to get cleaned out and refreshed ready to head in to Spain and across to Biarritz

Caramammal

Free Member
Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one - yet.
Exp
5* camp sites...ooh, tell me more. Is this like ultimate glamping or something?

OP
OP
Nirvanauk
May 8, 2011
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
5* camp sites...ooh, tell me more. Is this like ultimate glamping or something?
Sure, the one at Port Grimaud every pitch has its own first class toilet block with shower, loo and wash basin. Outside is your own washing up area. High season it was about €55 a night but we went the first week of September and it was down to about €18 a night. Across the road was an Aires that was €15 a night and on a very busy road, so a no brained really!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Think the one at Port Grimoud is ASCI or camping cheque at least it was a couple of years ago when we stayed there so only 16 euros tops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Think the one at Port Grimoud is ASCI or camping cheque at least it was a couple of years ago when we stayed there so only 16 euros tops.
Thanks for this, going to look it up sounds the dogs at that price

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You havnt got a link to this place have you , iv had a bit of a google but can't find one that takes vans
Ta

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I'll see if Ed remembers when he comes in, they had kind of big porta cabins each divided into four so each pitch had their own loo, shower and small room, we kept our bikes in ours, think the site was English owned.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'll see if Ed remembers when he comes in, they had kind of big porta cabins each divided into four so each pitch had their own loo, shower and small room, we kept our bikes in ours, think the site was English owned.
For 16 euros sounds to good to be true, hope you can find it.
Ta again, I'll have another look for it

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's called Holiday Camp Marina, but we've gone orf topic again.:doh: The OP that's me, is asking about Nice.:rofl:
Sorry mate I have been looking around there and can't find anything, that's why we have settled on the menton old customs park, and going on train to monaco nice and ventimiglia and then move ing to a camp for a day or two and this one sounds ideal

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sure, the one at Port Grimaud every pitch has its own first class toilet block with shower, loo and wash basin. Outside is your own washing up area. High season it was about €55 a night but we went the first week of September and it was down to about €18 a night. Across the road was an Aires that was €15 a night and on a very busy road, so a no brained really!
How did you book this, did you just turn up havnt got asci and tried booking on line and they want £140 for three nights, mid sept is it better to talk to them

OP
OP
Nirvanauk
May 8, 2011
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
My wife booked it yesterday online. It worked out at €30 a night this is seven nights for the cost of six, mid September. If we waited a week it comes down to €25. We have rented a fridge on top of this for €3 a night as the one in the MH doesn't work worth a damn.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back