A somewhat wet disappointment (1 Viewer)

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Broken Link Removed
Well I have finally found a C&CC site that does not live up to the high standards we have been getting used to. Don’t get me wrong its not a complete disaster just not as great as the others we have visited so far.

Read more...

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Try hopping along (pardon the pun) to Ayr and parking on the esplanade free of charge for three months - and as a bonus you'll probably get your pic in the papers too !

(see thread entitled "Using disabled bay!)

Lol yeah I was shown that on Facebook last night. Wish I had seen it before then would have hopped down there while I was in Ayr to say hello and get his autograph

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Broken Link Removed
Well I have finally found a C&CC site that does not live up to the high standards we have been getting used to. Don’t get me wrong its not a complete disaster just not as great as the others we have visited so far.

Read more...

As long as you don't take your car you can walk into the grounds of Culzean Castle without paying anything if you take the path out of the back of the site down to the visitors centre. I regularly run past the attendants on the main entrance when I'm doing training runs and only ever once been challenged regarding my NT membership. As I am a member it wasn't a problem. Dunno whether they would challenge walkers coming direct from the site though.

For other non-NT members, you can easily walk into the grounds of Culzean from Maidens shore or from Croy shore. You DO need to be a member to enter the castle though. Some lovely walks within the grounds.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
As long as you don't take your car you can walk into the grounds of Culzean Castle without paying anything if you take the path out of the back of the site down to the visitors centre. I regularly run past the attendants on the main entrance when I'm doing training runs and only ever once been challenged regarding my NT membership. As I am a member it wasn't a problem. Dunno whether they would challenge walkers coming direct from the site though.

For other non-NT members, you can easily walk into the grounds of Culzean from Maidens shore or from Croy shore. You DO need to be a member to enter the castle though. Some lovely walks within the grounds.

That's how I found out aBout the cost I tried walking in, was walking the dogs at the time, and was told I hav.e to pay if I want to enter the grounds.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Where do I have to go to "read more"?

Couldn't I just read more here?

JJ :cool:

Just click on the read more words and it will just take you there. If I put it all on here you would miss out on all the other material I have on my blog and that would be a shame for you to miss out

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Leading Funsters away from this Forum...

After all the work that goes into attracting folk to the site in the first place...

Hmmmmmmm

PS. It will only be me but if someone starts a post on here but doesn't finish it here and instead tries to take the reader to his or her own blog I never click the link.

:cool::cool:

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'm afraid that would also include me, I will read a Blog occasionally, but that will be out of choice, not because the only way to see the outcome is to "follow" the link!

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That's how I found out aBout the cost I tried walking in, was walking the dogs at the time, and was told I hav.e to pay if I want to enter the grounds.

That's a shame, the grounds are well worth a visit and it's only the main entrance that is policed. If you're walking there are other easy ways in and they've no way of checking once you're in the grounds.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
oops, tried summit but it did not work properly:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
I have no wish to upset anyone and If me providing notifications that I have updated my blog and adding a intro paragraph so you can decide if you wish to read more is not welcome I will push off somewhere else.

I am not intending to draw people away the forum and not offering any form of competition to the forum but providing another service to the forum members in notifications. Very similar to where people post links to news items within the press etc.

However if this is not welcome I will go away please do let me know.

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Don't worry about it. I think some folk don't always appreciate the duplication of effort required to upload lots of photos to a forum and a blog. If you have a personal blog there's no harm in sharing the link here.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Some people follow links some don't , that certainly does not make you unwelcome just keep posting then people have the choice. Some good cycling by the way through the Trust Property.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The most important thing is you shouldn't take any notice of what I think...

If you are comfortable with this course of action so be it.

I think Motorhome Fun is a wonderful forum which has built up its membership over years and years of hard work on behalf of the powers that be and all the hundreds of Funsters who regularly contribute to the forum.

Because of this, thousands of people log in and read what's happening.

If a blogger comes on... posts a little "teaser" bit of text and then asks you to leave the site and go to that blogger's blog, it looks to me like that person is just using the popularity of Motorhome Fun to up the hits on his own blog.

Posting stuff directly on Fun is contributing to the site...

Posting a couple of sentences and then enticing readers onto a different site isn't IMO. I think it is bad manners.

But as I said at the top... take no notice of me...

... and if it is too much trouble to post on both locations why not just post on Fun?

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
... and if it is too much trouble to post on both locations why not just post on Fun?

Well that's easy to answer. If you post all your stuff here it *isn't* accessible to friends and family. It's only accessible to subscribers. Okay, they may be able to read it but not to respond to it. Put it on a blog and anyone can access it and respond to it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am somewhat confused by this, there was a section on the old forum dedicated to blogs, if that is still so is it acceptable to have the fact that there is a blog in posters signature , and the link can be followed if chosen.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
forum etiquette and good manners would be to ask the forum owner for permission to use the site as a place to advertise a secondary blog. especially if that forum also has a blog facility of its own

just bad manner really

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I too have a blog for any family who want to check up on me and I have a much bigger "family" of Funsters.

I do both... no Rule 1 on my blog!

Thanks to remorseless hard work I think I have got 8 people following my blog which is not bad seeing as how I have only been doing it for 5 or 6 years.

It is more like a diary for me really.

I spend too much time on here to keep the blog up to date.

Choices hey?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well that's easy to answer. If you post all your stuff here it *isn't* accessible to friends and family. It's only accessible to subscribers. Okay, they may be able to read it but not to respond to it. Put it on a blog and anyone can access it and respond to it.

Surely friends and family get different content to what gets posted on Fun?

Again... take no notice of me... if you don't understand what my moaning is all about, so be it...

Remember I was taught to stand up when a woman enters the room... do it now and you get thumped!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
JJ. How could I possibly take no notice of you :smiley: :wasntme: , just did not understand the difference in blogs and fun blogs (I think) :rolleyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Broken Link Removed

Read more...

Thanks for posting your blog link ... Ayrshire is my neck of the woods..

sorry to here you were not impressed with Ayr.. it used to be quite an upmarket town with a lot of nice shops.. but it's many years since I've visited and I guess when it's wet most places can seem a bit dismal..

Have you tried the Electric Brae.. ? how did you find it.. did you have to accelerate going downhill and brake going up ? Every time we went to Croy Shore I'd try it but never could work it out ..

Enjoy your stay in Scotland.. look forward to reading more..

:)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don't understand blogs.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Thanks for posting your blog link ... Ayrshire is my neck of the woods..

sorry to here you were not impressed with Ayr.. it used to be quite an upmarket town with a lot of nice shops.. but it's many years since I've visited and I guess when it's wet most places can seem a bit dismal..

Have you tried the Electric Brae.. ? how did you find it.. did you have to accelerate going downhill and brake going up ? Every time we went to Croy Shore I'd try it but never could work it out ..

Enjoy your stay in Scotland.. look forward to reading more..

:)

The Electric Brae? Sorry no, not even heard of it although you do have my curiosity.

Drove all the way up the length of Loch Lomond to Oban yesterday. Absolutely amazing and beautiful even in the rain.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The Electric Brae? Sorry no, not even heard of it although you do have my curiosity.

Drove all the way up the length of Loch Lomond to Oban yesterday. Absolutely amazing and beautiful even in the rain.

It's on the A719 south of Ayr , I guess you missed it.. ..Broken Link Removed.

here is the map

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back