Posting using Android Phone, Android Tablet, Windows 8.1 (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Just some observations, Windows 8.1 works perfectly as you would expect, even flagging the sub titles on smileys,
Android tablet (Asus Transformer) posting is OK but misses the smiley sub titles, guess will have to learn them.
Android phone, (Sony Xperia) can just about post a reply or new thread but keyboard locks into capitals and have to manually select lower case. Trying to post a reply adding a "quote" is next to useless if you need to edit the text, it is nigh on impossible to get the cursor back to the end of the text, usually have to get the tablet or boot up the laptop.
All in all I like the new software, hit on the grey shaded area to go to the last post, the "New" button", it is fast. (y)

Why did an ad pop up for an iPhone 5 just as I posted the thread?:mm:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Can be very annoying. Sometimes you can't even see the text you are typing as the keyboard gets in the way on my Android phone. Have to scroll up and down to see what I've typed.

oops see what I mean. I didn't know I was typing a second post.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
What Keybaord are you using on your Android devices? Stock is usually very limiting. I recomend getting Swiftkey from the Play Store, which is much better. You can use arrows to move curser to exact position in text. Try the free version, but the paid for one is better. I use it on my Asus tf300 tablet (when not using attached keyboard) and Nexus 5 phone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Just downloaded swift key. I know what you mean. It's a better experience. Thanks for the info. Great stuff.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
(y)
Why did an ad pop up for an iPhone 5 just as I posted the thread?:mm:
Clever targeted advertising. You had mentioned android and windows but not the i-thing. So the "system" redresses the balance. It could make a person paranoid if you didn't already know there were evil conglomerates out there. :unsure:

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
What Keybaord are you using on your Android devices? Stock is usually very limiting. I recomend getting Swiftkey from the Play Sto,re, which is much better. You can use arrows to move curser to exact position in text. Try the free version, but the paid for one is better. I use it on my Asus tf300 tablet (when not using attached keyboard) and Nexus 5 phone
Tried it, much better but still gave up after typing blind over the adverts and struggling to get the cursor to the bottom of the text. There is no predictive text on the keyboard when posting a quoted reply so you get to the end and all the spelling mistakes are there, so try to get the cursor back to correct and you are back to blind typing.
Having said that it is a really good keyboard for all of the other apps on the phone, better than Google keyboard or the standard Xperia item.
Thanks.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Do you have the keyboard/dock for the Transformer? When replying in posts I usually attach that because it is much easier, amd amkes it similar to using a PC. Same if I am replying to lots of emails, or work ones which involve a lot of typing. That is why I like my tf300. I find my laptop has never left the desk since I got it.

But there is no spell check on the forum now by the looks of it!!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well the advertising for SwiftKey was effective. Just trying it out at the moment! Looks good - the symbols I need most often (?! Etc) all available on one keyboard. Thanks!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well the advertising for SwiftKey was effective. Just trying it out at the moment! Looks good - the symbols I need most often (?! Etc) all available on one keyboard. Thanks!
Yep. I have been using it a couple of yeats on my phones and tabelt. You will find that the predictive text (which only gets added if you click on the correct prediction) will get frightenly accurate the more you use it. I still have no idea how within two or three letters they know exactly the word I mean!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
For serious posting with an Android device pay about a tenner on ebay for a bluetooth keyboard, it's huge improvement with all the cursor keys.

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Do you have the keyboard/dock for the Transformer? When replying in posts I usually attach that because it is much easier, amd amkes it similar to using a PC. Same if I am replying to lots of emails, or work ones which involve a lot of typing. That is why I like my tf300. I find my laptop has never left the desk since I got it.

But there is no spell check on the forum now by the looks of it!!
Yes I use the docking keyboard for the Asus, it works really well. Post typed blind on the Xperia whilst being annoyed by the adverts.:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back