Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Can anybody advise please ?

Under one bench seat behind the passenger seat is the usual fuse/relays that control the fridge and step, one is a 20amp fuse. This has blown but everything works, I have replaced it and it's just fine so question is what's it for ?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Fridge ?? Maybe you would not notice if setting to 12v and then driving...
Charger ?? If you been on hook up maybe not noticed alternator not charging the LB.

Just ideas.. I aint got a clue really.... :)

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fridge ?? Maybe you would not notice if setting to 12v and then driving...
Charger ?? If you been on hook up maybe not noticed alternator not charging the LB.

Just ideas.. I aint got a clue really.... :)
Ha ha like I said everything works with the fuse blown so confused.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If you have two leisure batteries, then this 20amp fuse may between them, in which case everything would probably continue working but only off one battery. If this is the case you need to find why the fuse has blown.

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
If you have two leisure batteries, then this 20amp fuse may between them, in which case everything would probably continue working but only off one battery. If this is the case you need to find why the fuse has blown.

Fair shout, I do have two but wrong side of the vehicle, both charge/discharge just fine.
It's an odd one for sure.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Leave it out - then wait until you find something that isn't working? Or replace the fuse with a 12v say 5 or 6 watt bulb. When / if the bulb glows something is trying to work via the fuse. Or replace the fuse with a meter set to 10A. When / if you get a reading something is trying to work via the fuse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Leave it out - then wait until you find something that isn't working? Or replace the fuse with a 12v say 5 or 6 watt bulb. When / if the bulb glows something is trying to work via the fuse. Or replace the fuse with a meter set to 10A. When / if you get a reading something is trying to work via the fuse.

Thanks but as I said it was blown when I found it and everything works ! I have now replaced it with obviously no change.

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Have a look here:
Link Removed
Top man thanks for this, mines on a Renault chassis with only 4 fuses and 2 relays from memory but some good info detailed.
I will get there I ain't giving up ......yet.
Spent ages this weekend whilst away, fuse out, running everything I could find on 12/240 & gas - the wife loved it, not.
And no, I found sod all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back