LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there is more to the universe than we have the capability to understand. the probability of intelligent life existing elsewhere is actually a very high probability. have we been visited, yes and there are records of "gods" visiting the earth in many cultures. secret space agencies, no or the countries with the knowledge would use it for control of the masses here on earth.

the other point regarding travelling the universe.....if you ignore the flesh and blood, we are in essence energy. as you will know energy cannot be destroyed, just converted. therefore the idea of aliens being made of grey flesh and green blood is science fiction and short sighted. i believe that all energy travels throughout the universe, so maybe so do our souls or whatever you may wish to call them

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
This is a subject that i have spent many hours (too many in fact) researching, reading books but mainly on the internet, i too was a little skeptical at one point, right up until i watched a video of John Lear giving evidence (oh John Lear is the son of the famous father who invented the Lear Jet) John himself once held the world record for flying almost everything at one point that could be flown, an he knows far too many important people in high places to tell lies about what he has seen and what he knows - names he would mention in the interviews i would make a note of and then start looking into them, there is so many old guys who are now coming forward telling what they were sworn to secrecy of ever telling of what they had seen/done and witnessed while in the military (US) - you have to think to yourself "would these people who where ranked so high in the military really come forward now to be ridiculed" ? The truth is out there ! and too much of it-all you have to do is look and search for it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
just look at the members list on here most of us are aliens :)
but in honest opinion yes there is others out there and prolly far move advanced than we are
read the book chariots of the gods by eric von danican

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Why should we be the only living form in such an immense universe?

The fact that we haven't 'seen' evidence doesn't mean there's nothing out there just that maybe we aren't capable of being on the the same 'wavelength' as them.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The poll is straightforward but the questions underneath are a bit of a blunderbuss. I am sure life exists elsewhere but I am very sceptical about UFOs, Area 51 and all the conspiracy rubbish. Though possibly David Milliband is an alien...:)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Would the arrival of Aliens take the pressure off immigrants - on here?

:)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
There is life here on earth so who's to say there is none on a galaxy far, far away................:rofl:
It is a serious point though. Just because we haven't discovered it yet doesn't mean there isn't another planet supporting life. It may be just a matter of who gets the technology to see the others first.
Or perhaps they already have.............:wink:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Why do we never see a flying soucer appearing over, say Wembly during a cup final. Yes there must be life somewhere out there but I think we are too far on the fringe of the Universe for visitation.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Given the vastness of the Universe I think it's highly likely there are other forms of life out there.

Have they visited us in flying saucers? I don't think so. I think UFOs are most likely to be misinterpreted birds or aircraft, natural electrical phenomena we haven't yet found an explanation for, or experimental aircraft, especially in the post-war period when America was secretly testing unusual German aircraft designs, and supersonic planes.

As for a flying saucer appearing over Wembley during a Cup Final - any life form capable of interstellar travel would be far too intelligent to want to watch 22 grown men wasting 90 minutes moving a leather sphere around a green rectangle.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
(snipped)

- any life form capable of interstellar travel would be far too intelligent to want to watch 22 grown men wasting 90 minutes moving a leather sphere around a green rectangle.

Ah well... one less Christmas Card to send out this year...

JJ :cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why do we never see a flying soucer appearing over, say Wembly during a cup final. Yes there must be life somewhere out there but I think we are too far on the fringe of the Universe for visitation.

David, not sure you were in Pembrokeshire in the 1970's but if you were you might recall all the UFO sightings at the time. Some boys from my school were on the TV claiming to have seen one. They were reasonably sensible boys too.

I never saw anything although I thought I did about 3 years ago when this huge craft with a light at the front and the tip of each wing hovered menacingly over my house. We all stood there and marvelled at it.

Turns out it was Chinese lanterns all flying in a strange formation:doh:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Of course there was the famous UFO a bit further north of here in Rendlesham forest a few years ago. It was a FO but is still U............

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Statistically there must be copious life elsewhere in this universe. They may not be able to visit, or may not even want to.
Much more chilling is the likelihood of life in other 'parallel' universes, and some of it will be us (or very near equivalent). Visiting from there could be much easier as it would just need a little movement in one of the seven dimensions that are not detected by our senses.

My vote is for Centraal station in Amsterdam for aliens to arrive. They would not even be noticed :whatthe:

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Interesting to see other funsters have delved into this subject (y)
I believe we have been visited & that technological secrets have been exchanged & that we have been to other planets & that the US has vehicles that are at least 50 years of what we are capable of know.
Here in the UK we have our own Roswells one in Rendlesham & another The Berwyn Mountain incident as well as many reported sightings.
The closest thing to UFO I have seen was what I beleive to be the TR3B (TR4) when parked on the A27 about 3am 2 year ago 7 stargazing during a tacho break.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Listen you lot! I met several aliens in my Military Careers!

Drill Sergent Pugh, Grenadier Guards, wuz one

Sgt Hopkins wuz another, Smiffy our Sgt Major!

Spect I only survived cause I wuz a national minority group:laughing::wink:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I parked in a car park in the middle of the night once, looking for UFOs and shooting stars.......

Saw plenty of flashing lights but they were car headlights instead so exited rapidly........:blush:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
David, not sure you were in Pembrokeshire in the 1970's but if you were you might recall all the UFO sightings at the time. Some boys from my school were on the TV claiming to have seen one. They were reasonably sensible boys too.

I never saw anything although I thought I did about 3 years ago when this huge craft with a light at the front and the tip of each wing hovered menacingly over my house. We all stood there and marvelled at it.

Turns out it was Chinese lanterns all flying in a strange formation:doh:

Chris I was stationed in Pembrokeshire during the 70's and the MOD department I worked with followed the story with interest, but as with most things of this nature there was quite a bit of mass hysteria. Not saying their not out there somewhere but.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Here in the UK we have our own Roswells one in Rendlesham & another The Berwyn Mountain incident as well as many reported sightings.

There's some convincing evidence that the Berwyn Mountain 'incident' was an unusual coincidence between a local earth tremor and a bright shooting star which created an atmosphere of expectation where anything unusual was interpreted as top secret weirdness. As a general rule, those who research UFOs nowadays are moving away from the notion that ET is in the cockpit, and are looking for more earthbound explanations.

If you don't already subscribe to 'Fortean Times' I can recommend it. Generally very even-handed coverage of strange phenomena.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I believe that there may be extraterrestrial life somewhere out there but if it exists it may be so very different from us as make comparison impossible. As to the question are we being watched I very much doubt it.

There is also the question have the governments found/made contact with extraterrestrial life and kept it secret then the answer is definitely no. Our deepest "secret" service cannot keep much secret these days so how could a government keep anything so monumentally amazing secret?

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
I was convinced that the "We have been visited by aliens" argument was utter tosh.............and then I met UKBill and friends and now I'm not so sure................:)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
No, JJ, but I believe his generator is out of this world.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back