Hi all From sunny Fleetwood in Lancs! (1 Viewer)

Greg Ledder

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Funster No
Eh up ye lot!
Just thought I'd say hello - hope life is treating you all kindly!
My family and I currently live on a big old ex fishing boat in Fleetwood, Lancs, which we are slowly but surely converting to a cruising houseboat - it's definately a work in progress but I love the life.
However, my other half and our daughter aren't 100% convinced that a life on the ocean wave is for them so since we would really love to travel (a lot!) and I have been obsessed with campers / motorhomes for as long as I can remember,we are thinking very seriously about selling the boat to finance the big adventure in a few years time (when our daughter has flown the nest) and becoming full-timers.
This time scale gives us plenty of time to have an in-depth look at all aspects of Full-timing and hopefully we'll have a good idea of what we're getting ourselves in to when the time comes. Personally,I'd go for it tomorrow if circumstances allowed as we have always wanted to to this at some point but I will just have to curb my almost unbearable excitement and be patient......damn it!

Anyway,nice to meet you all and I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Greg.:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Eh up Greg lad

:welcome:Welcome to MHFun :thumb:

Lots of friendly folk on here ::bigsmile:, just ask away and your questions will hopefully be answered. :Smile:

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Hi Greg and welcome. ::bigsmile: Remember you never grow old gracefully, but grow old disgracefully, :thumb: what do you think of my D.I.Y. Van? :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Greg, there are lots of full-timers here, a friendly knowledgeable bunch that I am sure will answer any question that might arise during your plan making. Meanwhile welcome to the fun:thumb::thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome folks, I have a friend who lives in Fleetwood so been there a few times :thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi a warm welcome from me too , hope all your plans come to fruition soon:Smile:

ruth

OP
OP
G

Greg Ledder

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Funster No
Hi Greg and welcome. ::bigsmile: Remember you never grow old gracefully, but grow old disgracefully, :thumb: what do you think of my D.I.Y. Van? :Cool:

Hi roadtraveller! That is some van matey - that's what you call a mobile home and I've got to got to get me one of those.....!!:thumb: D'you think it would be road legal?

Thanks to all for the warm welcome - hopefully we'll get to meet some of you a little further down the line!:Smile:

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Welcome Greg,I bought a new motorhome last year but missed having a boat so recently boat a Freeman 24.
I live just north of Preston where do you moor you boat and where are you going to sail it.

OP
OP
G

Greg Ledder

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Funster No
Welcome Greg,I bought a new motorhome last year but missed having a boat so recently boat a Freeman 24.
I live just north of Preston where do you moor you boat and where are you going to sail it.

Hi there and thanks for the welcome!
Our boat is moored in Fleetwood Docks on a permenant basis but we hope to take her out to sea once the renovation is complete - it would be nice to visit the Isle of Man as she was registered in Peel when she was a trawler.:Smile:

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Whats your boat called? I go to Fleetwood a few time each year,any good chandler shops I want somt brown canvass to make window screen to match my new canopy.
I bought latest boat from windermere currently in a farmers barn while I do some jobs over winter it will most probaly go on the Lancaster canal on a mooring I have retained. or maybe back on windermere.
Have you seen a couplt of resting tatty trailers at Glasson dock?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I used to have a Fairline Targa Tri cab 33 boat and used to use it every weekend during the summer but came out of the water for the winter.

If it hadn't been for my work commitments at the time (mainly to pay the upkeep and mooring on the boat:Doh::winky::roflmto: only joking:winky:) would have loved to live on it.

Trouble with a boat is you only have the same places to travel to in my case as although the boat was more than up to any trip it's captain wasn't.

My RV gives me miles more freedom
but boy did I used to love my flashy boat.

One downside was filling it with petrol in 1999 (yes petrol:winky:) would be over £450 so god knows what it would be now:Doh::cry: but could afford it then:thumb:

Oh and BTW welcome to fun:thumb:

Last edited:

tyrangie1

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Greg

Hi Greg
We are soon going to be doing the same we have bought an american rv and are hopefully going travelling next year. We have been working towards this for the last three years our kids have their own lives now and as much as i will miss them we can't wait to get going. So i hope all goes well for you and you live your dream. As i always say to my other half your a long time dead so do what you want today don't wait for tomorrow if it's possible.
Good Luck in your venture.
Angie

OP
OP
G

Greg Ledder

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Funster No
Whats your boat called? I go to Fleetwood a few time each year,any good chandler shops I want somt brown canvass to make window screen to match my new canopy.
I bought latest boat from windermere currently in a farmers barn while I do some jobs over winter it will most probaly go on the Lancaster canal on a mooring I have retained. or maybe back on windermere.
Have you seen a couplt of resting tatty trailers at Glasson dock?

The boat used to be called 'Patricia campbell' but we re named her 'Andromeda'.
I have seen the Ex trawlers at Glasson - it's very nice up there. Ours is quite tatty at the moment but will be nice when finished.
There is a very good Chandlers in Fleetwood called 'The Yatch shop' - (very original!) which is just off the roundabout near Asda.:Smile:

OP
OP
G

Greg Ledder

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Funster No
Hi Greg
We are soon going to be doing the same we have bought an american rv and are hopefully going travelling next year. We have been working towards this for the last three years our kids have their own lives now and as much as i will miss them we can't wait to get going. So i hope all goes well for you and you live your dream. As i always say to my other half your a long time dead so do what you want today don't wait for tomorrow if it's possible.
Good Luck in your venture.
Angie

Hi Angie,
Many thanks! We have only recently taken the decision to go for it but like you we will have to take the time to put the plan into action.
You're dead right about life though - you only get the one chance so you have to do these things or spend the rest of your days thinking 'what if......?'
Hope all goes to plan for you and you never know - we may meet somewhere along the way!
Greg. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back