Puncture and wrecked tyre today (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
In Shrewsbury today felt the back end start bumping pulled over a bloody 2 inch bolt in the rear tag tyre. Changed it for the spare but I reckon it's knackered. Was hoping to see the summer out then get 4 new tyres for the rear as they're 5 years old and nearly done .
Oh well it's only money start shopping for tyres now. :(

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to read that, violent storms and floods and now a puncture

Your trip appears to be turning into a right old adventure (y)

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry to read that, violent storms and floods and now a puncture

Your trip appears to be turning into a right old adventure (y)

Ah well at least I tested out my bottle jack, first time I've used it and Ive had it 4 years .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Ah well at least I tested out my bottle jack, first time I've used it and Ive had it 4 years .

And did you find it worked better than the usually provided scissor leg jack. Did it feel safer ? I was thinking of getting one.
Was there enough travel to raise the van high enough to fit the fully inflated wheel ? Thanks.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
And did you find it worked better than the usually provided scissor leg jack. Did it feel safer ? I was thinking of getting one.
Was there enough travel to raise the van high enough to fit the fully inflated wheel ? Thanks.

Yeah worked perfect lifted the rear tag axle easily with plenty of height to fit the new tyre a 4 tonne bottle jack Lidl special offer. As for the Hymer scissor jack no way I'd use that thing its never man enough or safe enough for the job.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I have bought a bottle jack for my Fiat Ducato/Autotrail as well. But thankfully as yet it's never been needed

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
What a bummer!!! Don't get any scratch cards for a while will you. Just so long a you're ok, that's what counts :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
2 inch bolt in a tyre and a bottle jack to use to fit spare wheel?

Easy bloody peasy for our intrepid Mr Forestboy...

He is more used to sorting out a wheel buckled by a rock sliding down a glazier and having to straighten it by heating it over a fire lit by rubbing two moose bones together and fuelled by Yak lard whilst sheltering from a snow storm with only a copy of the Nepalese Courier stuffed down his shirt woven from the hair of a grizzly bear for warmth.

Proper travelling... (y)

JJ :cool:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
2 inch bolt in a tyre and a bottle jack to use to fit spare wheel?

Easy bloody peasy for our intrepid Mr Forestboy...

He is more used to sorting out a wheel buckled by a rock sliding down a glazier and having to straighten it by heating it over a fire lit by rubbing two moose bones together and fuelled by Yak lard whilst sheltering from a snow storm with only a copy of the Nepalese Courier stuffed down his shirt woven from the hair of a grizzly bear for warmth.

Proper travelling... (y)

JJ :cool:

Would that be one of the Man Utd Glaziers they'd be sliding down JJ?

mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I had a flat last week on my starblazer while in Derbyshire. £306 for 2 new Michelin agilis camping tyres. Ouch...well they were 8 years old so I suppose they were due, still had plenty of tread on them though.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Got a 4 tonne jack from Machine Mart for about £15 but the two piece handle is useless, too much free play/lost motion. Got a mate to sort me out a piece of gas pipe 2 foot long and skimmed the end down to fit, very happy with it now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back