Dongle not working in Italy, any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Have used Huawei 4g dongle with Europa sim in France a few weeks ago.

Gave it to son to take to Italy, he put his 3 contract sim in it. Tested it in UK and it worked. He has arrived in Italy and it is not working and asking for a username and password.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I had this problem in Spain with my Mifi and I am fairly certain it was just a finger problem, i.e. pressing the wrong buttons! When you connect to the Mifi the first screen is User name "admin" and the password also "admin". On the next screen choose "Status" (this is where I went wrong, choosing the other options) then on the next screen scroll down to the bottom and click on "Connect".

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Thanks for the reply. So it won`t just `work` over there, it has to be connected to a PC first?

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for the reply. So it won`t just `work` over there, it has to be connected to a PC first?

Steve
You have to log into it, just as you must have done in the UK. Switch on the wifi on your tablet or whatever and find "MyBroadBand-48" (that's the SSID mine broadcasts). Log in - the wireless code is printed inside the Mifi battery cover. Then fire up browser and enter http://198.162.1.1 into the address bar. This will take you to the first screen mentioned above.

This assumes the Mifi is not set up to connect automatically. If it is I guess you only need to connect to its wifi signal but automatic connection is not the default. I am also assuming the device was set up with the correct APN for 3 beforehand - which if you say it worked in the UK must be the case.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
When I change countries and when switching the MiFi on, I always go to the dashboard.

First of all check it is using the correct profile (APN settings) to match with the sim card,
ie; it is using "3" and not the Europasim profile otherwise it will not work.

You can do this on your laptop phone or tablet. However if the wifi is not switched on the MiFi you will not get a connection. You can also connect by USB cable to the laptop.

As DB said then log in with admin / admin and then check it has a signal and click on "connect". You will get a warning when roaming, just click again to continue.

Once it is connected and active, you can stick it in your pocket or wherever and move around and it will keep connected until the battery dies or you chose "Disconnect".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back