Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
never having had a set nav before ,i am on a bit of a learning curve, so please bear with me if the answers to these questions are somewhat obvious. but i would rather ask them, than cock up all the factory settings by pressing buttons willy nilly!! it is a pro nav [chinese i presume] truck unit with european maps [there seems to be a choice of 3 mapping systems actually 2 igo and a sygic ,] .does any one know which is the best to use? i have set the vans dimensions and it shows them in ft and ins and the road speed limits show in mph [for uk obviously], does this automatically adjust to meters and kph when you cross the channel or do you have to start going into settings when you get there ? also apparently you can play the directions voice thru the fm on the stereo HOW ?? thanks guys. garry

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
well it seems my questions were not so dumb after all ! [30 views so far but not a single reply !]

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I have the igo and it works great just spent 3 weeks in France recently and didn't send me down any narrow roads. I put my dimensions into it and asked it to keep us off toll roads and it worked a treat. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Forgot to add you can change to metric in settings but don't forget to take speed warning off when in France, you have to do this any time you witch it on over there. If you use the search box above you Avatar for Chinese sat nav you will find all you need to know.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There is no need to change your units when you go abroad unless you want to. It just means it will tell you 'in x miles/yards' rather than in metres. The speed limit warnings will still work as it just converts eg 50kph to 30mph. There are (Ithink ) no speed cameras in it for France, but if there are you must turn them off. I use the igo maps and they seem to be excellent, often giving a more sensible route than the TomTom and Snooper (I am a sad git and use three satnavs, a sort of navigating by committee, I have a casting vote)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Forgot to add you can change to metric in settings but don't forget to take speed warning off when in France, you have to do this any time you witch it on over there. If you use the search box above you Avatar for Chinese sat nav you will find all you need to know.

To be clear in France you should disable warning of speed cameras and not the warnings that you are overspeed. The latter I find particularly useful if you donot understand the road signage when entering towns and villges.

john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back