Mark and Sue (1 Viewer)

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi everyone,

We are new to the RV thing and are just about to go full time, we have a Damon Daybreak '96 and are going to be towing a Honda CBR 1100 with us on our travels.

We look forward to spending many hours reading and participating in the forums.

By the way, I am a computer engineer so if anyone needs help then just let me know, maybe there could be a computer help thread added to the forums?

Best Regards to all.

Mark.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Mark and Sue welcome to the Fun Site
Thanks for the offer of compputor help,it's often need on here
where are you going to be based,prehaps you could make one of our many meets
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Based!

Hi Geo,

Thanks for the welcome, any computer help you require just let me know. As for being based anywhere, well Weston-super-Mare to start with at least until we find a way to finance ourselves on the move. We rent our home and we move out next week. As we are both divorced and have left our financial stabillity with our ex partners so going full time really will be a full time occupation trying to make ends meet on the road. I am an ex Soldier and Sue is a Bookkeeper, I retrained myself in IT and have worked locally for the last 6 years trying to make ends meet but getting nowhere fast.

We bought the RV to cut back on outgoings initially and hope to put enough cash under the bed to be able to afford to roam europe, trying to get temporary work as we go, need much more planning yet though.

We go to France loads on the bike and will be poping over in the RV in the next 4-5 weeks depending on workload and will probably go down through Spain.

Would be fantastic to have a meet...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi Mark,

If your interested in attending a meet we have a couple of crackers coming up soon. Check the calendar or see the links on the home page (halfway down on the right side).

I take it you are an IT contractor then? What sort of work do you do?

oh, and welcome to the Fun :ROFLMAO::Smile::thumb:

Bryan

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Geo,

I retrained myself in IT and have worked locally for the last 6 years trying to make ends meet but getting nowhere fast.

Hi Mark,
I'm in IT as well.I can understand what you mean.:Doh:

Probably one of the most pressurised professions going.Everyone wants something for nothing.:Angry:

Welcome to the FUN site.::bigsmile:

The only thing that really makes it worthwhile are the Customers/clients that say "Thanks" and REALLY appreciate the work you do for them.

Steve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi Bryan

Hi Mark,

If your interested in attending a meet we have a couple of crackers coming up soon. Check the calendar or see the links on the home page (halfway down on the right side).

I take it you are an IT contractor then? What sort of work do you do?

oh, and welcome to the Fun :ROFLMAO::Smile::thumb:

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am self employed, I do anything IT as below:

Build Bespoke Systems
Repair PC's and Laptops
Networking (Wired and Wireless)
System Servicing
Web Design
General software maintainance
Training
Consultation
Problem Solving
Systems Security
Hard wired Network Design and Builds

And pretty much anything else IT that you can think of.

I am looking forward to November where I think we will be attending our first meet with Pammy and Geo. I'm going to hijack everyone with a whole weekend of stupid questions, lol. Can't wait.

Link Removed

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi Mark,

Probably one of the most pressurised professions going.Everyone wants something for nothing.:Angry:

The only thing that really makes it worthwhile are the Customers/clients that say "Thanks" and REALLY appreciate the work you do for them.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the welcome, you are so right. I always add that little bit of extra customer service to the clients that appreciate my services the most, you always know who they are.

Best Regards,

Mark.

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am self employed, I do anything IT as below:

Build Bespoke Systems
Repair PC's and Laptops
Networking (Wired and Wireless)
System Servicing
Web Design
General software maintainance
Training
Consultation
Problem Solving
Systems Security
Hard wired Network Design and Builds

And pretty much anything else IT that you can think of.

I am looking forward to November where I think we will be attending our first meet with Pammy and Geo. I'm going to hijack everyone with a whole weekend of stupid questions, lol. Can't wait.

Link Removed

We are at that meet as well so we look forward to seeing you there :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Mark,

Steve.
Steve at least once every millenium you come out with a cracker, well done for this milleniums :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo, over stressed underpaid Mot Tester:Doh:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No

If your underpaid why not ask the boss for a raise?

If you're too frightened to, tip me the nod and I'll ask Pammy for you at the Birthday Bash :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User

If you're too frightened to, tip me the nod and I'll ask Pammy for you at the Birthday Bash :ROFLMAO:

I get the feeling that the garage might be yours and if so read on:

Lol, I think maybe you pay yourself Geo. If so take yourself round the corner during a quiet moment and start the negotiations, ask youself for a raise and if you don't get anywhere you could always hand yourself a resignation letter. See how the boss likes that lol!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:Eeek:Well that was a great suggestion Mark now look what youve done
Iv'e just given my self the sack for gross misconduct

There is a bright side, im taking myself to a tribunal for racial discrimination,:Eeek:
I knew that turban would come in handy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

You mean you'll ask Suzy if its alright to ask Pammy:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:
Geo

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
You mean you'll ask Suzy if its alright to ask Pammy:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:
Geo

WHAT? Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to risk that????

(Note: The question posed above is done in a completely and absolutely rhetorical manner. No reply, response or smiley is needed by return and any attempt to affirm the implied state of mind will be met with a very stern smilie indeed. So there :Tongue:)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Steve at least once every millenium you come out with a cracker, well done for this milleniums :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey Geo,

Put Pammy on here.

We'll negotiate you a pay rise....::bigsmile:

I thought it was the customer that was stressed during the MOT.:RollEyes::winky:

Here you go.Show her this.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

100%Job TitleMOT TESTER LocationSURREY & WEST SUSSEX, South East Salary/rate£20000 - £30000/annum TOP BASIC +BONUSJob number104115459Posted06/10/2008 (15:38)Agency/EmployerAftersales Resource Centre Description

MOT TESTER

OUR CLIENT URGENTLY REQUIRES A QUALIFIED LICENSED MOT TESTER TO JOIN BUSY MAIN DEALER.

EXCELLENT PACKAGE & WORKING CONDITIONS.

CALL ANGIE NOW! ON 01737 271790 OR EMAIL:angie@aftersales.org.uk for more details

Last edited:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Mark and Sue and welcome, see you at the birthday bash:thumb: as for asking lots of daft questions ask them before we have a drink otherwise you will get daft answers:ROFLMAO: only kidding lots of people on here with lots of help and advice:thumb:
ruth

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Daft Q's

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the welcome, already had a wealth of great advice and valuable food for thought. As for the Daft Q's and the drunken answers, I like silly answers too, got to keep the humour up, anyway the more I drink, the more Daft the Q's get so if we all get drunk together it should even it all out quite nicely::bigsmile:

Best Regards,

Mark.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back