LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Having only stopped on a few "Aires" on the way to Spain with a trailer..

Had no problems, cos it was always winter time.. (y)

How are they for taking a Toad on an "A" frame more in season... ??:Smile:

Frowned on or not...

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'm not so sure about a Toad, but I know they're partial to frogs legs :rofl::rofl:
Broken Link Removed
Oooooh you mean towed :) :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There was a Brit on Dieppe aire two weeks ago taking up two spaces with a toad. Aire was rammed and i got last space. Would have been unhappy with him if i could not have parked. Bit selfish when its busy. BUSBY:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Sorry Old Mo, couldn't resist it, so checked on Google for you and looked at Toad Car :rofl:
Broken Link Removed
Please don't let my tyres down when we meet, pretty please :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Mo, We went in Sept last year , admitted we weren't towing , no problem, but we saw loads of foreigners towing and parked in the aire's , avoid coastal and touristy places as they get full early ( because some french etc hog for sometimes longer than they should) . OK we traveled to Brittany and back via Loire . Where you headed and which way , approx.
Terry

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have toured France for three Septembers now useing aires and NEVER found a full one, and who's going to stop you anyway, you hardly ever see anyone

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We have toured France for three Septembers now useing aires and NEVER found a full one, and who's going to stop you anyway, you hardly ever see anyone
You should try Brittany coastal aires , manic ,a couple we tried which took 40/50 , must have had at least 50% more than they should , no room to breath let alone relax, Quiberon Damgan & Piriac sur mer / Brambells to name a few.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You should try Brittany coastal aires , manic ,a couple we tried which took 40/50 , must have had at least 50% more than they should , no room to breath let alone relax, Quiberon Damgan & Piriac sur mer / Brambells to name a few.
In September ? Havnt been to Brittany , must confess, but been down to bordoux and along the med and into Italy and up the middle and honestly never seen a full one, and we have done France passion as well and could count on one hand the ones where we weren't the only ones there.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hiya Mo, on the aire we are at present, lots of pay car parking beside the aire and on other aires we have been on there is often roadside parking close by.
There is generally not room on aire pitch for a car.
I don't think it would be acceptable to take an aire space with other than a camping car.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry just read your previous post and seen you were there in sept, but where we went they were empty

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo, We went in Sept last year , admitted we weren't towing , no problem, but we saw loads of foreigners towing and parked in the aire's , avoid coastal and touristy places as they get full early ( because some french etc hog for sometimes longer than they should) . OK we traveled to Brittany and back via Loire . Where you headed and which way , approx.
Terry

Hi Terry.... Get of the ferry and turn right... :RollEyes:::bigsmile:...

Not planned anything, just going to follow the coast along to Brest,,, then head inland and down to Parc Verger.. (y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hiya Mo, on the aire we are at present, lots of pay car parking beside the aire and on other aires we have been on there is often roadside parking close by.
There is generally not room on aire pitch for a car.
I don't think it would be acceptable to take an aire space with other than a camping car.

Hi Bro.... we have stopped on Aires with the trailer, and not had a problem,,, but that is when we were on our way to Spain to meet you..

And normally in November.. wont be meeting you down there this year... :(... Xmas at home, so I have been told... :RollEyes: ::bigsmile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I must confess my only experience of Aires is Brittany, where the coastal ones are frequently packed. Never used one as a result but nice to know this is not the case everywhere, or indeed most other places. Must dust off the Aires book...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been to France most times of the year apart from school holidays and August and NEVER come across a full aire, admit only small van and not fussy where we stop, we were there a fortnight ago Bastille day week , which is supposed to be one of the busiest weeks and still found plenty places.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Bro.... we have stopped on Aires with the trailer, and not had a problem,,, but that is when we were on our way to Spain to meet you..

And normally in November.. wont be meeting you down there this year... :(... Xmas at home, so I have been told... :RollEyes: ::bigsmile:

We will be home at Christmas but probably Iberia bound in January .
Yes you're right , off peak loads of room on aires (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back