Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Before I buy one from.. ????

Does any one have an up to date "French Aires" book they want to sell.. ??

Thanks..

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Mo,
Just out of interest when are you going to France, as I am a member of motorhomingfrance .co.uk and they do a memory stick

Going to France & won't have internet access?

THE 2014 MOTORHOMINGFRANCE AIRES & CAMPSITES DIRECTORY IS NOW AVAILABLE ON A 2Gb USB MEMORY STICK

A comprehensive & detailed directory of over 1,600 aires & campsites throughout France -- each entry has a location map, GPS coordinates, directions, details of facilities, prices, images (5,000 in total) & a full description - the majority of sites also have an independent review.(Non-members can view sample pages in the "SAMPLE ARTICLES" section on the Home page)

All this information is now available on a USB memory stick which enables you to view it on your laptop if you cannot access the internet. The programme is viewed as if you were connected to the internet.

PRICE INCLUDING P&P is £20.00

Price to members is £15.00 ( Members please go to the link on Main Members Page)

This is the sort of info on the memory stick

Link Removed
Aire at St Viatre, scroll down for other aires
Link Removed
Aires: ST VIATRE(3) - THEILLAY(2) - TOUR EN SOLOGNE(3)

Aire: ST VIATRE (3*)
ADDRESS: RUE DU PETIT BOIS

TEL: 02 54 88 93 20 (MAIRIE)

EMAIL: mairie.saint.viatre@wanadoo.fr

TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN/ RUBBISH

PRICES/ RATES:

PARKING: FREE SERVICES: FREE

OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR

GPS COORDS: N47.51929 E01.93479

DIRECTIONS: From NORTH take D49 to town, in town continue past CHURCH & take next LEFT. Continue for 400m & AIRE is on RIGHT, next to road.

SITE DESCRIPTION This municipal aire is located on the Southern edge of this small rural town, next to the large lake where level parking spaces are on grass, with shade but no lighting, bordered by open farmland to the East & the lake to the West. The parking is about 400m from the town centre. Modern artisanal service point with platform drain.

REVIEW: A rural aire on the edge of the village next to a large lake, quiet location but parking is on grass that may be soft when wet. Some shade & not too far from town where there is a reasonable selection of shops/ bars/ bank/ poste. Walk around lake.

Aire: THEILLAY (2*)

ADDRESS: CHEMIN DU ROUAIRE

Link Removed
Aire at Theillay
Link Removed
TEL: 02 54 83 38 17 FAX: 02 54 83 31 95

EMAIL: mairie.theillay@wanadoo.fr

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN/ RUBBISH

PRICES/ RATES:

PARKING: FREE SERVICES: FREE

GPS COORDS: N47.31828 E02.03719

DIRECTIONS: From NORTH take D60 South into THEILLAY. Upon entering village take 1st LEFT (signposted AIRE). AIRE is 200m on RIGHT.

SITE DESCRIPTION This aire is located in a medium size gravel parking area on the north side of the village, next to the cemetery with no shade & unlit at night. Artisanal service point with drainage platform. Small range of shops in village.

REVIEW:

A very quiet location (next to cemetery) but little else to recommend it apart from its free services & proximity to the village centre (400m) & the shops. Slight slope on parking. Fishing lakes & walks in area.

Aire: TOUR-EN-SOLOGNE (3*)

ADDRESS: RUE DE LA MAIRIE

Link Removed
Aire at Tour en Sologne
Link Removed
TEL: 02 54 46 42 86 FAX:

EMAIL: commune.tour-en-sologne@wanadoo.fr

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/ BLACK DRAIN / RUBBISH / ELECTRIC/TOILETS

PRICES/ RATES: JETONS from MAIRIE/ BOULANGERIE

PARKING: FREE SERVICES: 5€ WATER & ELECTRIC

GPS COORDS: N47.53760 E01.50015

DIRECTIONS: From SOUTH take D102 to TOUR-EN-SOLOGNE. As you enter village, AIRE is on LEFT just before MAIRIE.

SITE DESCRIPTION: This Aire is located on the southern side of this small village in a medium sized tarmac parking area, near to the church & the mairie surrounded by a grass area with shade in a couple of places. There are a few shops in the village. The Euro-Relais borne with platform drain is easy to access with toilets adjacent.

REVIEW
A well maintained, clean & quiet aire close to the centre of the village with several level spaces available. Toilet block with washing up sinks & picnic tables on grass. Only a boulangerie (with some grocery) & a restaurant in village.

Terry FIDGET

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo,
Just out of interest when are you going to France, as I am a member of motorhomingfrance .co.uk and they do a memory stick
...................................................................................................................

Hi Fidget...
We are hoping to cross on the 2nd of September, and just jollying round France for a month..

Just staying on Aires and the occasional site..

And ending up for a week at Parc Verger, with a few more funsters... Nothing set in stone,,, just a leisurely miander through France..

The only booking we are doing is the ferry out and the week at Parc Verger.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Mo ,
Very envious, we aren't going over this year , can't wait for next year we are trying the tunnel next time and taking the pooch with us (save on kennel cost and offset tunnel expense) you have a great time in sept I will be thinking of you!
if you decide you might like a memory stick I could always order one for you a members cost,
Terry

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi mo, we were really hoping to tag along with you to France this year but unfortunately we cant go. You can borrow our book if the postage is just a couple of £££ I will send you it.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I have one u can borrow - will have it in the van at Malvern if you're there. Won't need it till next year!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi mo, we were really hoping to tag along with you to France this year but unfortunately we cant go. You can borrow our book if the postage is just a couple of £££ I will send you it.
I have one u can borrow - will have it in the van at Malvern if you're there. Won't need it till next year!

Thanks Guy`s....

I think we are now sorted...

irnbru..... :( sorry you wont be able to tag along.. we will hopefully do the same next year at the end of the summer when it is quieter.. so perhaps you will make it then..(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back