Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Kris
Ineke has read the article and this is what she told me:

When using a debit card in unmaned gas stations in Denmark they first take a deposit of your account which is much higher then the final bill. This deposit is taken to make sure that, before the final bill is known, any amount tanked up can be paid.
After filling up the deposit should be placed back on your account and the final bill will be deducted from your account.

Things can go wrong (on purpose or not), so once and a while the deposit is not returned and the original amount not deducted, so you end up with paying the deposit instead of the bill. This deposit can be anything between 80 and 200 Euro. You should always keep the bills until the amount is deducted from your account and checked by you. Without the original bill you cannot complain and opt for any refund.

Norsk and English are not our native languages so i hope you can confirm above describes shortly the contents of the article.

thanks beforehand
Paul and Ineke

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, your explanation is clear. Thank you for taking the trouble to translate and explain this.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
If using a debit card amounts are deducted at once but credits take between 5-7 days to be returned to your account maybe this is the problem

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi wanderer, what the OP and Paul and Ineke are talking about is using Debit cards for payment where you have to place your card in the machine before you start to fill and the machine has to take precautions just in case you have no money in that account.

copied from the translation of the article.

What is the matter is that gasoline stations charge a deposit when filling, in case it is a scam. They often take a higher amount than you actually fills. The amount varies from company to company, says Dalsbø to Finnmark Dagblad.

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Kabe Travel Master i910 Q
Exp
Since 1990
Hi Kris
Ineke has read the article and this is what she told me:

When using a debit card in unmaned gas stations in Denmark they first take a deposit of your account which is much higher then the final bill. This deposit is taken to make sure that, before the final bill is known, any amount tanked up can be paid.
After filling up the deposit should be placed back on your account and the final bill will be deducted from your account.

Things can go wrong (on purpose or not), so once and a while the deposit is not returned and the original amount not deducted, so you end up with paying the deposit instead of the bill. This deposit can be anything between 80 and 200 Euro. You should always keep the bills until the amount is deducted from your account and checked by you. Without the original bill you cannot complain and opt for any refund.

Norsk and English are not our native languages so i hope you can confirm above describes shortly the contents of the article.

thanks beforehand
Paul and Ineke

Paul,Ineke,Your absolutely correct,the problem was that the deposit was not returned,i talked with the DNB bank manager ( a freind ) here in Alta yesterday and he told me it was an error/cheat with returning deposits,he recomends strongly to keep the reciept until your sure the deposit has been returned,

Kris

ps i should have put a translation in but i genualy forgot, ( sorry ) maybe i took it for granted that everybody speaks Norske :))

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A copy of terms using a Caxton prepaid currency card. Notice the last sentence especially

Avoid using your prepaid card at automated petrol stations
Automated petrol stations on the continent usually take a security deposit when you first swipe your card. No money actually leaves your account at this point, but your available balance is reduced. A couple of days later (it can be up to 15 days), they will process a settlement increase for €120 (for example) which will raise your available balance by €120. Simultaneously, they will process a settlement decrease where they will remove funds from your card to cover the actual amount of fuel you purchased for example €45. In the period between the two your account will appear to have been debited by €120, but it has not. Only when the settlement decrease goes through has money actually left your account. This procedure is not unique to Caxton FX cards, or indeed any prepaid card. All cards issued by any institution are treated in the same way whether they are debit, credit or prepaid cards.

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
maybe i took it for granted that everybody speaks Norske :))

Hi Kris,
At least Ineke speaks norwegian, my norwegian is limited to the names of fish.
The drawback of this is that when Ineke starts a chat in Norway it will take at least half an hour before she returns :wink:

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back