Rejuvenation Valet (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just had my Hymer valeted at home by motorhomevalet.co.uk
I had a rejuvenation valet carried out by Mike the owner, after 8 hours of thorough work my 1999 MH looks really great:cooler:.
I have no connection with the company at all, but just passing on information of a good service.
They are based in Swindon but traveled to me near Shepton Mallet.(y)

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It was £150.00 plus £40.00 travel so £190.00.
It sounds a lot but he traveled from Swindon to me near Shepton Malet.
All of the work completed is shown on the website, especially pleased with the shine on the fibreglass front, (I could not get a shine on it!) & the plastic windows, all the scratches are gone & they are crystal clear now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
It was £150.00 plus £40.00 travel so £190.00.
It sounds a lot but he traveled from Swindon to me near Shepton Malet.
All of the work completed is shown on the website, especially pleased with the shine on the fibreglass front, (I could not get a shine on it!) & the plastic windows, all the scratches are gone & they are crystal clear now.
On inital reading you think £190 eeek :crying:

But then when i think on it all, its good value for money. It took me a complete day just to do the outside, let alone the cleaning inside, I bet he worked flat out for that too :)

Think its a good call at the start of the season, as mines a bit green by then from all the trees around :RollEyes:

Thanks for the feedback (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sounded pretty reasonable to me for the amount of work involved

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i am looking for another eastern european to do mine as the previous chap has dissappeared, likely gone home. have tried british setups before and either been quoted stupid money or they only did the bare minimum. the polish and lithuanian guys give it their all and do an excellent job for very reasonable cash at £10 per hour

the last wash and polish of the outside cost £30

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Thanks mike for the good revue and I'm glad you are pleased with the results.I am considering joining the forum, but have to keep an eye on my costs so far with two MHFun members using my services it's looking on the positive side.
I have to say to TheBig1 that I do not know what van he has but if he values it then is it wise to let somebody who has no knowledge of motorhomes loose on his van?. Last year I had a customer that said that he had thought along the same lines and had the local east Europeans clean his van saving (he thought) twenty pounds, but he found out to his cost (£800 new fridge freezer) that not everyone knows not to clean fridge vents with a high powered pressure washer. Another customer had all his graphics bleached out by another bunch of amateurs. I could never complete a proper wash and polish (vague term, polish) in three hours, I can just about complete a standard valet in that time.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm no expert on the subject, but as those who know our MH will verify, it always looks clean and shiny. :)

Prior to investing in a power polisher, it used to take me two days to wash (including the roof), and polish our MH. That's without touching the interior. It's blooming hard work, and although the power polisher makes ease of the front and rear GRP caps, the painted side wall require hand polishing, as do the windows, the bumbers, and wheel trims, etc. It get's done twice a year by myself.

I think £150 plus travel costs is very reasonable, knowing just how much work and effort is required to get a good result.

As well as possibly damaging your fridge freezer using a power washer, the force of the water can dislodge sealing mastics around the bodywork, thereby increasing the risk of water ingress. I use a garden hose with a fine spray setting only on the applicator gun for the body work, and a jet setting just for the wheel arch liners.

Good luck to you Mike @ motorhomevalet.co.uk (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back