Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When people add new photos, (and they will as we have made is soooo much easier to upload than the old gallery) you will receive a notification. Just above the media tab a little red icon showing a number.

MediaMarkednotification.jpg

You can do lots of things with this tab.
  • You can ignore it. Nothing will happen to it, its doesn't flash or bounce around.
  • You can click on the media tab and see what the fuss is all about. Then get jealous at those funsters who are away in far flung places trying to make us jealous with their pics.
  • Stuff-em, interfering with your busy day like that! You don't have to look at their jealousy inducing photo's. You can stop it by clicking all media as Viewed even if you haven't looked at it. The indicator will disappear and you can get on with what you were doing before it annoyed you. :D

MediaMarkedViewed.jpg

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
When
When people add new photos, (and they will as we have made is soooo much easier to upload than the old gallery) you will receive a notification. Just above the media tab a little red icon showing a number.

View attachment 36284

• You can ignore it. Nothing will happen to it, its doesn't flash or bounce around.
  • You can click on the media tab and see what the fuss is all about. Then get jealous at those funsters who are away in far flung places trying to make us jealous with their pics.
  • Stuff-em, interfering with your busy day like that! You don't have to look at their jealousy inducing photo's. You can stop it by clicking all media as Viewed even if you haven't looked at it. The indicator will disappear and you can get on with what you were doing before it annoyed you. :D

View attachment 36285
When I opened the media tab my computer ground to a halt & I had to reboot it to get out of it. Tried it again & the same thing happened but works alright on the rest of the site (though maybe a bit slower).

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
When

When I opened the media tab my computer ground to a halt & I had to reboot it to get out of it. Tried it again & the same thing happened but works alright on the rest of the site (though maybe a bit slower).
Just tested it again on my 8 year old dual core celeron laptop with 2GB memory and it worked fine for me. I can't think what on the web page would cause a computer to grind to a halt?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
That's All very well but is there a way to stop new ones appearing?

Wyn

View attachment 36284

View attachment 36285

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just tested it again on my 8 year old dual core celeron laptop with 2GB memory and it worked fine for me. I can't think what on the web page would cause a computer to grind to a halt?

If you go to the 'Superglue' companies page, it grinds to a halt within 30 seconds. (y);)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'll take it there isn't, then?

Wyn
From my experience most of the media added is of no interest to me but it clearly means something to the folk uploading it. However, just occasionally some gems appear, such as recently the pictures of Chocsaway throwing himself off a Norwegian cliff. Worth the license fee alone, as they say.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am shocked by the crap ( cross that out please ) media that is uploaded.

is it just for storage purposes because it has little to do with motorhomes in most cases.

Example - random shots of sunsets in random places.

What's the point in that?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

is it just for storage purposes because it has little to do with motorhomes in most cases.

Art. (y)(y)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
As far as I can work out 'mark as viewed' works on the current items but when new ones are added the alert shows up again. The ability to switch it off might be useful.

Wyn
mark media as viewed does not always work the first time might want a little fine tuning

Reactions: Jim

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
that's how it should work however it often shows media as unviewed when no new has been added after I have previously marked it as viewed.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Nothing to do with the OP Chris but, if you didn't know, the "strike through" option from the old forum is still with us, go to the "insert" icon next to the camera camera camera and there it is. (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nothing to do with the OP Chris but, if you didn't know, the "strike through" option from the old forum is still with us, go to the "insert" icon next to the camera camera camera and there it is. (y)

Thanks.

I do think we should endeavour to upload less crap though.

What a waste of bandwidth.

Eg - look at my overgrown lawn:crying:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Cannot find anything there to turn it off Jim only in the case of "your media"

I'm not sure I can work out what to 'untick' that would stop them appearing. Sorry if I'm being 'twp' - (ask Sian!)

Wyn

It's my fault you don't know how to do it, I'm still working on the help files but real life keeps getting between me and my fun. :D These pics should help (y)

alerts1.png

alerts2.png

alerts3.png

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, I am being twp. I'd already got as far as the pictorial guide goes but can't seem to work out which of the specific categories I would untick to stop notification of all entries on the Media page. Has anyone else worked it out? I'm sure it's just me.:doh:

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back