Safari chef V camping gaz 3 in 1 (1 Viewer)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I am thinking of getting something to use for cooking outside of the van, as the new van has an external gas point I was thinking of either a safari chef or a camping gaz 3in1. Anyone any experience of either of them.

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have the Cadac chef 2 it great for us, breakfast, evening meal it will cook virtually anything you wish, expensive but good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We have the Cadac chef 2 it great for us, breakfast, evening meal it will cook virtually anything you wish, expensive but good.
Thanks for the reply,
Storage space is a bit of a problem, so I wanted something that was quite compact when not in use.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We recently bought the campingaz 3in1 and love it so much better than the Cadac which has now been relegated to the garden as a bird bath. Also takes up half the space of the Cadac . Put a propane regulator on mine which allows perfect flame control.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
We've just bought a Cadac Safari Chef (Amazon £75. Could have got better price? But trust Amazon if I have to back it). Also bought propane regulator/hose etc from flea bay £13).

Nice piece of kit and am pleased with it. Haven't used it on-site yet, but have 'road tested' it in the garden a few times ready for the summer sortie abroad. Loads of cooking options ( or so I'm told because I have someone who does those sort of chores for me :)). Food tastes nice though.

Has handy carry case with separate wallets for some of the griddles. I didn't think it was all that big once packed in the bag.

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
I have Safari Chef with separate camping gas bottle. Works well but a bit of a b......r to wash! Fairly critical to be able to clean easily!

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Thanks for the replies guys, I do miss the thanks button on the new site. I think I will go and see both of these and compare size etc

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Cadac everytime.. It also fits into the gas locker beside the gas bottle, if you fit a Gas-it 11 kg refillable one bottle kit.
( I'm not helping am I :) ) PS. Fit an external BBQ gas point and you are "sorted". ( It never ends does it :D )
Mitch..

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have both the Safari and the Carri, love both of them. If you go for the Safari make sure you get the one that uses bottle not canister gas. I think it is the low pressure one that would run off a gas bbq point but check first.

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We have a safari chef that we are selling if interested. We have just upgraded to the bigger one. Were planning to take to bring and buy.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We have had a Safari Chef for three years. Yvonne loves it as it means I have to do the cooking!

Grills, stir fry, stews, pancakes are all part of my repertoire now.

Great bit of kit, packs down small and goes under the bed. I have a 2mtre rubber pipe and regulator fitted to my second camping gaz light bottle and even cook in the rain under an umbrella.

I have to be careful otherwise I will become house trained!

Cadac every time!

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Recently bought the safari chef, and love it.
Folds down into its own carry bag, quite ingenious with its fat drip tray built into the design.
Have cooked so far chicken, eggs, steaks, corn on the cob, gammon steaks, burgers, kebabs and chicken kebabs on tonight.
Everything cooked well, quantity wise cooked for 5 last night.
So yes it's pricey but IMHO it is worth it.

Steve

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have had a Safari Chef for three years. Yvonne loves it as it means I have to do the cooking!

Grills, stir fry, stews, pancakes are all part of my repertoire now.

Great bit of kit, packs down small and goes under the bed. I have a 2mtre rubber pipe and regulator fitted to my second camping gaz light bottle and even cook in the rain under an umbrella.

I have to be careful otherwise I will become house trained!

Cadac every time!

This is the reason why I refuse to have anything like this. SWMBO does the cooking and that is how I prefer it.

Alby and Lin

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have had a Safari Chef for three years. It's a superb piece of kit. Just upgraded to the larger model. We could sell our Safari if you are ever in this area. Bit heavy to post.

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We have had a Safari Chef for three years. It's a superb piece of kit. Just upgraded to the larger model. We could sell our Safari if you are ever in this area. Bit heavy to post.

Thanks for that, if I don't get fixed up and am down your way I will get in touch & see if you still have it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back