Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to dismantle a Dometic toilet cassette?
(Dometic Part Number: 9107100039) I emptied it at the weekend and when I let go of the 'vent' button, it pinged off the ceiling. I still have the button and the spring which is on the outside, but I guess it attaches to something on the inside of the cassette . . .

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
First of a series of short videos all about the maintenance & repair of Thetford cassettes. These are by John Wickersham, but YouTube will suggest a whole load more, once you start.

Click the YouTube button (botton right) to watch on YouTube & get the follow up suggestions.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Happened to mine last year. The part is cheap enough but had to put hand in cassette underneath where in goes and top bit on the outside of cassette just clips over the bit inside.
Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chopper602
Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
The annoying bit is I don't know if it's broken or just come off and we're off around Europe in a couple of weeks . . .
I might have to bite the bullet and replace the cassette (although it still empties, it might just smell a little)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
E
The annoying bit is I don't know if it's broken or just come off and we're off around Europe in a couple of weeks . . .
I might have to bite the bullet and replace the cassette (although it still empties, it might just smell a little)
Every individual part of a cassette is replaceable with the cassette in one piece. Most need one hand inside and one outside.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
... are you saying you haven't been practising? :censored:

Alternatively, nip up into the Dales & find a sheep farmer. A few lambing seasons soon makes you an expert at that sort of thing. Once you've rearranged a tangle of legs a few times, a vent spring is child's play.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
First of a series of short videos all about the maintenance & repair of Thetford cassettes. These are by John Wickersham, but YouTube will suggest a whole load more, once you start.
Thank you, useful info there....(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back