Sea Fishing........from the land side (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
My wife and I are beginners really but in Norway we had such fun and success catching Cod, Coley and Pollack from the piers that we have really caught the bug! We have discovered the pleasure in cooking and eating 'really fresh' fish :D

We only 'spin' at the moment and wonder if we would get bored with float/bait fishing. Quite fancy fly fishing but that looks like another (expensive?) story!

Anyone know of any good places to fish on the West coast of Scotland?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The whole west coast is great. Applecross is recommended. Did you check out the Fishing meet in Ilfracombe in August?

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thank you, funny you should say that......we are going to Applecross soon............:D (no didn't go to the meet)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Looking at this page I think our avatars are quite similar in a 'sunset' sort of way........ haha :LOL:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The locals may be annoyed with me for revealing this but at Portsoy (East coast) you can catch sea trout from the harbour wall. It isn't easy, and certainly don't expect to catch a fish every visit, but a Toby lure or suchlike works, also ledgered frozen sandeel when the water is a bit too murky for spinning. Sea trout on the west coast are harder to find. Salmon farming is blamed: Broken Link Removed
The picture below I took at Portsoy a couple of weeks ago. The loon* in the picture was there several times but only landed this one fish although he did lose another. This experience has convinced me to dust off my fishing tackle and keep it in the 'van, although I might get a compact travelling rod, something like this
; Broken Link Removed

*Loon - Doric for boy. Quine is girl (pronounced "coin"). We heard both terms used in the area.

P6160048.JPG

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Get a kayak and tow a line behind you when out at sea. You might just catch your supper!

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Fishing off any pier on Loch Fynne will land you a fish or two, one of my favourite places is Otter Ferry on Loch Fynne, another Loch Riddon at Ormadale Pier, bit of a walk there because its a narrow road but well worth it. enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back