Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
Looking for ideas for Hasting and Brighton area preferably wild going week after next to those 2 areas. Proper sites will be a fortune but if cheap will consider....any ideas please

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

Try sheepcote valley, very near the Marina on Wilson Road. The entrance to the site has a long road and you can park there. Its a short walk to the Marina and some good pubs and restaurants also a cinema.

Marina Parade very near the Marina again you can park there after 6pm till 10am next day in the coach parking bays. There are signs there that tell you this.

Its close to what they call the temple, end of line for Volks railway off beach.

There is sometimes a little activity there but nothing loud.

In Hove there is the Lagoon in Hove Street along the A259. Drive behind the car park of the King Alfred Leisure Centre but get there early. Nice and quiet just off the beach and short walk into Hove. Good pubs and restaurants.
Brighton is a 30 min walk. Well it is for me (fat git).

Sometimes you can park along Kingsway further along from the Hove Lagoon going towards Worthing, but not much there.

I have stayed at these spots a lot and never had any trouble.

I have seen Brighton traffic wardens still out along the seafront at 10pm so be careful if you decide to park on the seafront near the town centre (as some people do) after 6pm expecting to leave early next day be careful. They are red hot giving tickets. Read the signs.

If you go to Worthing there are loads of places to park up.
Further along the A259 coast road on Worthing sea front. No yellow lines I have parked there a lot recently. Quiet, a short walk into town and just off the beach.

Going towards Goring try Marine Drive. Fantastic spot to camp just off the green and beach. Some vans have been parked there for weeks at a time.
No street lights, very quiet, awning out, barbecue, swimming in sea, walks along the beach. You can surreptitiously fill up with water from the tap outside and empty your grey waste in the toilets at the Ferring Cafe a short walk away on the beach, but if you do use toilet leave it clean.

I was there for a week recently and I only live a mile away.

Check out google maps street views for a look.

Hope this helps a little.

Gary:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ohh many thanks will google all those places later :-D havent done a lot of wild still worry about poo pot and where to empty times l have used public loos l have left them spotless and full of airfreshener ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Err, we parked on the road up to Sheepcote Valley, right by the council depot, once when the site was full and went off into Brighton for the day and came back towards teatime, jumped into the cab and drove off to the CC site at Worthing.

It was only then we noticed that some low life had tried to force the hab door whilst we were parked up. Also a deep scratch on the cab window that side.

Only cost about £2k to have the door and frame replaced and the door glass ......

Yes the insurance paid for it but it affected all our insurance premiums (with assorted insurers) for all our vehicles after that.

I wouldn't recommend it if you intend to leave the van, frankly.

OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Oh blast we were going to park at the valley had some other recommendation for here. Idea was get here Monday late spend the night day in Brighton with friend possibly meal that night and move on on Wednesday to Hastings spending at least one Hastings night on friends driveway.

I may reconsider was it just near the council place you had a problem? l will have to have a long chat to Andy and a think about things. I need a plan b in any case if it was choka (google shows a lot of MH there) but want a long park not a move on..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Last time I was in Brighton there were a load of free loaders parked on the small road leading to the CC site.

Looked secure enough to me:thumb:

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
In Brighton there are normally a lot of motorhomes parked at Sheepcote valley. I have parked there many times and never had a problem.

The road to the campsite is long and the further in you go along it, I think the more secure it is. Go past the tennis courts and nearer the campsite.

Alternatively motorhomes and buses also park on Roedean Road. Almost at Roedean School. It is about half mile away from sheepcote valley, but theres usually 4/5 vans parked there. I don't think there are any parking restrictions there and you can walk over to the bus stop to go into town.

To park overnight there is also Devils Dyke Rd there are 4 car parks there that vans have parked and not been disturbed, but it can get bloody windy up there but it is a lovely place to park. There is also a pub there.

In the evening you can park on Marine Drive nearer the pier there are signs there stating that you can park from 8pm to 9am there is normally a lot of people mulling around, but don't park to close to the pier because there are bars that open very late there and it can get rowdy if your too close to them.

Gary

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Were were told that the road up Sheepcote valley will be painted with double yellow lines very soon - it may already be too late.

autobarnstormer

Free Member
Feb 4, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Total Newbie
Hastings parking - theres a great spot right on the seafront in St Leonards on Sea (part of Hastings) its on the promenade at Seaside Road, just off Grovesnor Crescent (A259) theres always MHs there as there are NO parking charges there, unlike the rest of Hastings. Hope this helps

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
Hastings parking - theres a great spot right on the seafront in St Leonards on Sea (part of Hastings) its on the promenade at Seaside Road, just off Grovesnor Crescent (A259) theres always MHs there as there are NO parking charges there, unlike the rest of Hastings. Hope this helps
I've been told they have notices up there now no overnight parking M

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Old London Road
Depending on the width of the vehicle (the width of the bays is 1.8 metres) it may parked free between 9am and 8pm, for up to two hours in Old London Road (there is no return for 2 hours).

Sea Road
Sea Road offers unlimited free parking but it is located approximately two miles from the town centre. Motorhomes cannot park in the designated coach/bus bays.

Bulverhythe
The site at Bulverhythe is opposite 410 Bexhill Road and offers unlimited free parking. There is no charge or height restriction but there is a maximum 24 hour stopping time. It is approximately three miles from Hastings town centre and closer to Bexhill.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back