LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Anyone got any ideas, was in traffic today and lady behind comes to window and says you got no brake lights, thank you I says. We I were nearly home so got home and checked bulbs ok, checked fuse ok, checked connections ok, there is. Little conecter buy the brake pedal which when you push the brake pedal pushes a plunger type button and starts a connection I presume. Could it be this part and is there any way I can test it. It's on a Burstner elegance 821.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you just pull the wires off the switch and short them out, the brake lights should come on.. If not, then you will have to look elsewhere
My Autotrail has all the rear lights run through the Sargent control box.. Silly idea if you ask me, and there are other fuses in that for the rear lights too ...

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
If you just pull the wires off the switch and short them out, the brake lights should come on.. If not, then you will have to look elsewhere
My Autotrail has all the rear lights run through the Sargent control box.. Silly idea if you ask me, and there are other fuses in that for the rear lights too ...
Have you checked the earthing wire/neg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Ok guys thanks for replays, all sorted now a mate tested the little switchy thing all ok there but there were two wires hanging down that should have had a fuse inbetween them. Put a fuse in we have brake lights again, god knows where the other fuse has gone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back