Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
Advice please, I'm thinking of investing in a quite reliable generator! I'm told Honda is the best but before making any choice i would welcome your views!

Thanks in advance,
Philip.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i agree with john(roadrunner).
if Mr Honda can threaten Kipor with court action for nicking his patents and designs then in my book it means Kipor must use the same type of circuitry as Honda.:whatthe:
OK.....honda engines are the dogs dangly bits but it seems you're paying for an engine first and the circuitry second with hondas price.:Angry:

i have a Kipor (yellow)2600 pure sign wave genny.....first time start, economical at normal loads and reasonably quite, ok not as quite as honda but ,in use, it lives at the back of the van below the lounge window and you can just hear it running.:thumb::thumb:

cost me just over £400 but the equivilent honda will be at least a grand.

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Philip

I've got a 10i Honda generator and its the best money I've ever spent. I know that Honda generators are more expensive than some other but they are the best. I use it to top up my battery, run the TV and most importantly my wife uses it when she wants to dry her hair thus giving us the freedom to camp away from electric hook up. Go ahead and invest in a Honda and you will not regret it.

Jack the Rev :thumb:

RobMD

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Penarth, Vale of Glam.
Funster No
If you envisage using it very frequently - go for a Honda. If only for more occasional use go for a Kipor or similar, but make sure the output is smooth - any old site generator will not do!
Also, provided you have the space and can afford it, but the most powerful one you can afford - you don't have to use it to max., but the power is there if required.

Last edited:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
If you envisage using it very frequently - go for a Honda. If only for more occasional use go for a Kipor or similar, but make sure the output is smooth - any old site generator will not do!
Also, provided you have the space and can afford it, but the most powerful one you can afford - you don't have to use it to max., but the power is there if required.

I disagree, fitting one of these

5000 Watts Voltage Regulator / Transformer: 110220Volts.com

between the generator (any old generator!!!) and your motorhome will solve all the problems of poor voltage. The only reason to buy an expensive generator is for the noise levels (ie the more you spend the quieter it is!!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have this Link Removed
and it is without doubt
dogsbollocks.jpg

W

wurdsmiff

Deleted User
My Dad's advice

"Son", he said. He was allowed to say that coz he was my Dad! Had it been the milkman that addressed me as such I would have been concerned.

"Son, take the advice of an old man and always buy the best you can afford. Then, if it fails, you will have the consolation of knowing it was the best that you could afford at the time."

Possibly the best advice he gave me and I am still using many of the tools and machines I inherited from him 18 years ago (including his site sized honda genny - but not with my motorhome).

The choice is yours ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back