Chassis and spare wheel storage query (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Possibly a daft question, but how can I tell what kind of base chassis my Transit based Hobby (T600 Siesta exclusive) has?

I was looking at under-floor spare wheel holders on eBay that *aren't* suitable for an Alko chassis. Sod's law being what it is, this is bound to be the one I have. ;-). I can't see any obvious ID plates (but I wouldn't really know where to look). I took a rather bad picture as it's raining at the moment and was a hurry. Can anyone tell from this?

Next question concerns whether it is possible to get a "drop in" wheel well to fit into the floor of the rear locker so that the spare could be secure from light fingers. I can seem to locate a kit for this purpose.

Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Possibly a daft question, but how can I tell what kind of base chassis my Transit based Hobby (T600 Siesta exclusive) has?

I was looking at under-floor spare wheel holders on eBay that *aren't* suitable for an Alko chassis. Sod's law being what it is, this is bound to be the one I have. ;-). I can't see any obvious ID plates (but I wouldn't really know where to look). I took a rather bad picture as it's raining at the moment and was a hurry. Can anyone tell from this?

Next question concerns whether it is possible to get a "drop in" wheel well to fit into the floor of the rear locker so that the spare could be secure from light fingers. I can seem to locate a kit for this purpose.

Tim

Can anyone advise on my chassis? Looking at a Peugeot spare wheel carrier and wondering if it can be made to fit.

Tim

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi Tim
replied to your pm
Pictures should reveal all to you.
Alko chassis are unmistakable as two galvanised C sections almost full length . No paint

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just had a further grovel under the van and realised there is some sort of spare wheel hanger there. (See pic). Not clear how you would hang a wheel on this though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Being Ford based I would search on that. :thumb:

Seems logical. :roflmto: Quite a few similar but different carriers on eBay but as I'm going to the Ford dealer on Tuesday to get the radio sorted I'll just ask them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back